With Thanksgiving coming next week. I'm so thankful for FOOOOOOOOOD!!!!!!!I probably won't have another post for a few weeks. We are leaving this Friday to Missouri (unless I get a chance to do some blogging there). I hope you all have a HAPPY THANKSGIVING! Please keep us in your prayers as this will be the first time driving 20 hours with all FIVE kids. ha ha.
I've never done 20 hours with five kids, but I've done it with three kids SEVERAL times.
Do you have a DVD player for your van? If not I would highly recommend borrowing one.
Books on CD are great, and help pass the time.
I always make a map of the states we will pass through, and give the kids stickers to mark off towns as we pass through (so they can see how far we still have to go).
nick jr.com used to have a bunch of printable travel games (I haven't checked for awhile, but there's probably something there).
We have the kids watch signs for letters to spell their names or other words. We have contests counting flags (you can only count the flags on your side of the car).
Another thing we do is rent redbox movies along the way and then return them for another at the next "stop".
My friend told me you can download audio versions of the stories from The friend magazine (free). I'm not sure where, but that would be awesome for traveling on a Sunday.
We once went 18 hours, but that was when we only had three kids. Oh wait, my SIL and her four month old baby were with us, so the van was full! Yeah...I'm glad we're only traveling 20 minutes for Thanksgiving!
It sounds like fun, and the best of luck! I love being with family for the holiday, but I too am grateful for only having to travel 10 min for my Thanksgiving dinner!
You know, I am SOOOOO Jelous! I really really really (did I say really) wanted to go to MO this year to be with all of you. Maybe next time. Good luck with the drive!! Be safe! Love ya!
And it sure doesn't look like I am going to be seeing you any time real soon...or at least for the next few weeks have fun it Missouri with the kids. And Happy Thanksgiving!
Puerto Vallarta
-
This year's winter vacation was the most stressful by far. COVID is
surging right now and people all around us are falling ill. The COVID case
numbers a...
The Star Project
-
This past week, I had the opportunity to launch a new program at my place
of business. The Spirit has been prompting me to do this for months. I'm
call...
Life is Fragile
-
Like a flash.....life can change.....
This last week, the actual living, breathing, heart beating part of life
has been put in perspective as young lives ha...
First Day of School
-
We are so sad for summer to be over. I am not excited for school to start.
I know it is going to be good for them to go to school and learn and make
friend...
Long over-due update
-
Wow, I've been quite remiss in my blog. I wonder if I still have any
followers ;)
So, since it's been so long, I think I'll just do a quick update for now.
...
Cake Day!
-
Yesterday all the kiddos really wanted to make their own cakes. After a
long and messy day in the kitchen, here are their results!
Madison made the chocola...
Timing must be off!!
-
I have been thinking about this post for months but every time I sit down
to do it everything I have been feeling and wanting to express leaves my
pea size...
The injured one and the cute one!
-
First the injured one:
During Halftime at the Homecoming football game Bronson and his friends
decided to climb a chain link fence(dumb!). Bronson's foot ...
A Remembrance
-
I've been trying all morning long to figure out what to say. I know I
don't usually blog often (ok, so I'm pathetic about it) but I've noticed
how everyon...
No Child Left Inside Week
-
[image: Better vision is one of the rewards of kids’ playing outside.
(Photos.com)]
June 10-15, 2013
This is the time to get outside. I think it's kind o...
Got sick
-
Wrote this 2/16/2013 but never published
I'm trying this for the first time while in bed with my ipad. I have
really enjoyed having an iPad
And maybe even...
Is this thing on??
-
Hi! It has been 2 yrs, almost exactly. I know this since my lil'est bee
just had his 2nd bday and his birth-day was the last post. Ha! I cheat at
record ke...
What LOVE looks like
-
February is the "month of love." I have never been a huge fan of
Valentine's Day because my husband is so good at showing me every day that
he loves me. ...
Rowley Family Campout 2011
-
The girls doing some fun crafts with Grandma. We went up Blacksmith Fork
canyon over the Fourth of July this year.
Nathan and Josh playing in the dirt. (Thi...
Family Pictures 2011
-
My friend took our family pictures a few weeks ago and they came out so
cute. You can check out some of the pictures at: http://michellecortez.blogspot.co...
Happy Smothered Day!
-
Oh the joy of Mothers Day. This morning I woke up and had to deal with
screaming, fighting, crazy children. While trying to get everyone fed and
clothed fo...
Easter 2011
-
We had a wonderful day today...eggs, baskets, candy, a beautiful Easter
video, uplifting church meetings (Em gave her first talk in Sacrament
Meeting and d...
Gardening
-
We've started a garden. Well sort of. At Jared's brother Jordan's house
we've dug up a nice patch of dirt, but it'll still need some work. And
we've got se...
Quick Family Update (I know, it's about time)
-
Wow, so I am really horrible at this blog stuff.
*Calli and Casey* and her little family are doing great. Casey will be
returning home from Afghanistan s...
Let's do that again!!!!
-
I have had this post written and saved as a draft for months - only to
realize I didn't have many pictures to go with them. Over Christmas break,
I got all...
Good Bye, 2010!!!
-
New Year's Eve turned out to be whole day of partying! We started the party
in the morning at the Lamb's house. We played games, ate great food, and
enjoye...
This Is Dedicated To The One I LOVE
-
On May 25th, Seth and I will have been married 10 years. I still remember
that day and the spirit I felt. To say I was terrified to get married would ...
Quick update
-
Wow here we are almost to the middle of May. Life continues to be very busy
for us. Zachary is very busy with baseball. His team is doing well. I love
watc...
8 comments:
I've never done 20 hours with five kids, but I've done it with three kids SEVERAL times.
Do you have a DVD player for your van? If not I would highly recommend borrowing one.
Books on CD are great, and help pass the time.
I always make a map of the states we will pass through, and give the kids stickers to mark off towns as we pass through (so they can see how far we still have to go).
nick jr.com used to have a bunch of printable travel games (I haven't checked for awhile, but there's probably something there).
We have the kids watch signs for letters to spell their names or other words. We have contests counting flags (you can only count the flags on your side of the car).
Another thing we do is rent redbox movies along the way and then return them for another at the next "stop".
My friend told me you can download audio versions of the stories from The friend magazine (free). I'm not sure where, but that would be awesome for traveling on a Sunday.
Yikes! Good luck!
We once went 18 hours, but that was when we only had three kids. Oh wait, my SIL and her four month old baby were with us, so the van was full! Yeah...I'm glad we're only traveling 20 minutes for Thanksgiving!
Honestly, I look forward to long road trips. It's great family time. I wish you luck and look forward to hearing about your trip!
It sounds like fun, and the best of luck! I love being with family for the holiday, but I too am grateful for only having to travel 10 min for my Thanksgiving dinner!
GOOOOD LUCK! (o: haha! The drive will be an adventure in itself! Be safe and Happy Thanksgiving!
You know, I am SOOOOO Jelous! I really really really (did I say really) wanted to go to MO this year to be with all of you. Maybe next time. Good luck with the drive!! Be safe! Love ya!
And it sure doesn't look like I am going to be seeing you any time real soon...or at least for the next few weeks have fun it Missouri with the kids. And Happy Thanksgiving!
BriLynn is so adorable! What a big girl. You guys have such cute kiddos!
Post a Comment