Monday, January 11, 2010

My ode to dishrag


This dishrag may not look like much to you,
but it means a lot to me.
I started this project over a year ago,
and it's finally done don't you see...
It may have some holes and the edges are rough,
but it will still clean the dishes, it's tough!
The relief and the soreness of my fingers is a ton,
but another item from the project graveyard is done!!!

Okay so I know it's lame but I'm just so glad it's done. It's the first thing I've ever knitted and may be the last ha ha. I would pick it up, do a couple lines and then put it down and forget about it. Every time I picked it up I'd have to reteach myself how to do it. I'm just glad to know that if the companies that make dishrags ever went out a business, it would be okay because I know how to make one now HA HA.

7 comments:

Anonymous said...

Woohoo Go Sandra!!! I am extremely impressed! This project you have accomplished Is defiantly something to be proud of!!

Nat said...

Way to go! Those knitted dish rags are the best!

Felicia said...

Awesome! I'll have to post my afghan soon. Too bad I don't have a picture from before my mother-in-law took it, unraveled it, and did it for me :o)

It was starting to look like a pyramid when she stepped in and took over.

I'm seriously impressed with the knitting, though. It just looks way too hard to me to even try.

Shantel said...

I think it looks FABULOUS!!!!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Beautiful! Good job!

Kristi Rowley said...

Way to go! I love knitted dishrags!

Sharane said...

Congrats on Finishing a Project!!! That always Feels So Good! You did a Beautiful Job! Seriously! :)