Friday, January 29, 2010

Food Frenzy Friday

Wow I know it's been a long time since I posted a recipe. I figured it was due. I actually made this last night and Kevin loved it so I thought I'd share. It's super easy too which is always nice. Hear ya go...

Chicken-Stuffed Shells with Two Sauces
Ingredients: 18 uncooked Jumbo pasta shells
3/4 cup lightly packed chopped fresh basil leaves
3 cups diced cooked chicken breast (about 1 lb)
1 cup small-curd cottage cheese
1 egg
2 cups tomato pasta sauce
1 container (10 oz) refrigerated Alfredo sauce
1/2 cup grated Parmesan cheese

Heat oven to 350 and spray a 3 quart glass baking dish with cooking spray. Cook and drain pasta shells as directed on package.

In med. bowl mix a/s cup of the basil leaves, the chicken, cottage cheese and egg. Spoon about 1 heaping tablespoon mixture into each shell.

Pour the pasta sauce into the dish and spread to evenly coat the bottom. Place filled shells over sauce (filled sides up) Drizzle Alfredo sauce over shells. Sprinkle with Parmesan cheese. Cover tightly with foil.

Bake 35-45 minutes or until sauce is bubbly and shells are hot. Sprinkle with remaining basil. Enjoy!

3 comments:

Kristi Rowley said...

ooooo! That looks yummy! I love pasta. I'm going to have to try that one.

FRANK AND HEATHER MAILE said...

YUM! This is right up my alley...looks good!

overlyactive said...

A cruise!!! You will love it. Are you and Kevin going with anyone you know or will it be just you two? You have to listen to a song called, "Just Go" by Lionel Richie. It gets us way excited for the cruise!!