Monday, February 22, 2010

Happenings


Danika has been begging me to teach her how to crochet. So I got her a hook. Now keep in mind that I myself am just learning. The girl is on a roll. She is doing better than I am. I'm loving how enthusiastic she is about it.
I know many of you are sick of watching BriLynn dance but I just can't get enough. She cracks me up, her newest skill is while she is standing. I wish I could have recorded more of her doing it but, as soon as I grab my camera she doesn't do it as much.This week is going to be a little crazy...I'm volunteering at the Bear River Head Start. I'm sure some of you have heard of the Disney Give a day, Get a day program. Well all of Kevin's side of the family is going in June. I think it's sweet that you can get a free ticket by serving. Plus, it's really nice that I can choose when to go in since I have to find friends to watch my kids. (Thanks to all of you who are watching them!) It's too bad that they don't have service for little kids to do here in Logan. Doing that among meetings and the kids school dance night, blue and gold banquet for Andrew and more meetings, this week is full. On another note: I'm getting super excited and freaked out at the same time. We are leaving for our cruise in a couple weeks. I'm unsure what to expect. If you have been on one before, do you have any advice for a first timer?

10 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Don't stress out before you go. It is so exciting, but you have a ton of planning to do for the kids. Try not to book anything the week before you leave so you don't stress out!

ENJOY....once the cruise is over it is back to serving yourself food and doing dishes!!
I miss that alone about cruising!!

Nat said...

That song is going to be in my head all day, now!

Have fun on your cruise!

overlyactive said...

So can you link me to the info on give a day and get a day? I checked it and there wasn't any in Logan but that was a while ago. How many day's can you get?

overlyactive said...

Advise: Just have the best of time and love every minute. Take a ton of pictures, even things that seem crazy they will mean a lot later. Also take a game you can do while your waiting for a show to start. It's great to get good seats and then you can play a game with your hubby while you wait, or bring a great book would work. Maybe you could bring your hoop! =)

Virginia Taylors said...

Joel and I went on an Alaskian cruise last year. It was the best. Don't worry about calories and eat everything. Enjoy your time off the boat too!

Jessica said...

I have never been on a cruise, but have always wanted to. Have so much fun! Danika needs to teach Abby, I wish I could crochet. It looks like she is doing great!

Steph said...

Food for Danika! And of course BriLynn is as cute as ever! We still have to find some place to volunteer. We are having some scheduling conflicts cuz I will have to take a vacation day to do it and we have to find a day we can both drive up north. But it will be worth it!

Our Crazy Family said...

Sounds like you are a busy girl! I have never been on a cruise so no advice there, but I do have a really easy pattern for a scarf if you want me to show you two how to do it ;) I would love to come help you out! Ashlyn is learning too.

Raelynn said...

have fun!! your kids are super CUTE.. and there is NO way i could forget you guys!! the boys still ask to play with there LOGAN friends! :)

Sharane said...

Way to go Danika on learning to crochet! I think I tried it once!? Brilynn is a cutie, I love the videos of your kids! That is great you are doing the volunteer thing. I received an email about it, but haven't looked into it. We aren't doing Disneyland this year. We are for sure doing Legoland, I will let you know how we liked it. That is so great that you and Kevin get to go a cruise just the two of you! Who is watching your kids, how long are you going for, and what cruiseline / where are you traveling to? Too many questions? Hope everything goes smoothly and that you have a Fabulous & Relaxing time with your hubby. :D