Saturday, September 22, 2012

Making Memories

Going camping is a fond childhood memory of mine. That was all we did on our vacations. It was family togetherness at it's best.
When Kevin said he wanted to have one last camping trip of the year my first thought was "Ohhh" and "Are you sure? We are going to freeze". Plus, it's not the easiest thing to take six kids camping. It's a real headache! Then I remembered how excited I got when my family went camping. I always looked forward to it. Sure kids don't realize how much work it is but it's the memories that count! I know these times we are together as a family will be times they remember. Hopefully they look on them fondly. Especially since this was the first camping trip with the dog!






3 comments:

Jessica Jensen said...

Looks fun to me.. we skipped camping this year. All the stuff is somewhere in the storage unit and it would have been twice as much work to get to it so... here we are without one trip. It kindof made sad to see how much fun you guys had...i guess we will have to go twice next year to make up for it!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I've wanted to look into which campsites allow dogs...where did y'all go?

Shanell said...

Love the pics. Looks like you guys had a great time! I can handle one night with the kids, then the lack of sleep and crankiness kicks in. =)