Thursday, October 18, 2012

Danika's Recital

Danika and Luke have been taking piano lessons this year up at the University's Youth Conservatory.  Danika's first recital of the semester was tonight. I think any kind of instrument is so beneficial to kids. Although at times I feel bad, since she is also playing the violin in middle school. I don't want her to feel pushed into things and be a nag but she is a trooper with her practices.  I remember playing clarinet for a few years but I quit when I got into high school.  I took piano while in elementary school but my piano teacher quit after a year and I never took them after that. I wish I would have found someone because it's a lot harder to learn when your an adult. I thought the bishopric was crazy when they called me to be the Relief Society pianist a few years ago since I only had a year of piano and that was 20 or so years ago. I had to teach myself and I'm thankful they issued the call because I pushed and pushed to learn the hymns. I only had the calling for about a year but I learned so much. 
Danika did a great job tonight and I hope she continues to enjoy it. 
Sorry for the bad quality, I used my phone camera.