Saturday, November 24, 2012

Parenting Wo's

I really thought children would get easier as they got older. I'm finding out that you just face different challenges. We have struggled with our kids bickering. Sure they always play fight but now they can really hurt each other and it turns into real fighting.  Kevin and I went to the temple tonight with full purpose. The answer we received: Love them more. Praise them more. 
It's so hard to do that when they are doing something that drives you crazy.  When I can't think of anything nice to say I think of what Glen Lathem says in his book The Power of Positive Parenting. "GOOD BREATHING SON". 
Our new family scripture: D@C 121:43
So there will by more hugs and love shown by this Momma and more complements/praise.
I CAN DO BETTER
I WILL DO BETTER because
OUR CHILDREN DESERVE BETTER.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Love this! What a great answer. I will be sure to use this in our family as well too. I know it helps to praise more and I really like the advise to love more. What powerful words! Thank you for sharing it with us!