Tuesday, July 28, 2009

YUCK

Mommies are not suppose to get sick! Thankfully Danika has been a big help but there's only so much an 8 year old can do. I think I'm on the mend, but let me just say I've learned a few things:
1. Trying to make lunch for kids and just spending your time by the sink throwing up is not fun!!!
2. An 8 year old feeding a 8 month old can get really messy.
3. The once cursed contraptions of TV, Game cube, and Computer games are now revered.
4. No matter how hard I think about it, the gardening, cleaning, laundry, and dishes will not get done.
5. Neighbors who bring over dinner to a family who otherwise would have had to fend for themselves is AWESOME!!! Bless you Shelly.
6. My floors are much dirtier close up.
7. This one shocked me. Ice cream doesn't always sound good.
8. My abs feel like I've been working them for two hours!
9. Not recommended but I'm sure I've lost five pounds!

11 comments:

Scoresbys said...

Oh no! You got the dreaded Greenfield Ward stomach bug. It's awful. I had it 2 weeks ago and thinking about it still makes me shudder. I wish you a speedy recovery!!!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I'm so sorry for the sickness...but it sure made for a great post! ;)

LeeAnne said...

Awwww no! So true- Mommies shouldn't be allowed to get sick! It's like the world stops turning until you're better because so much depends on you. Get better really REALLY soon!
'twas an entertaining post though :)

Our Crazy Family said...

Ooh. No fun. I hope you feel better soon!

Kat Dahl said...

MAybe you caught the swine flu from Kevin. Hee hee...I mean, that's sad. I hate being sick...and I haven't even thrown up in years. I'm sure that's not fun for you. Get better soon. Thank goodness for willing 8-year-olds!

Nat said...

Yuck! I know how you feel. Our poor children! Get feeling better!

Jessica said...

I am so sorry you have been sick, I hate it when mom gets sick, nothing ever happens to the house, and everything falls apart. I am glad you are on the mend.

Tina said...

yuck... sorry you had to get it too.

Anonymous said...

Oh yucka. I hope you feel better soon!

Shanell said...

Not even ice cream, huh? You must have been SICK, man!

The kids were in the North Logan parade, it is all about the North side.

A little man over at my house is keeping a countdown until he gets to see your little man. Any idea what time you plan on going up tomorrow?

Shanell said...

Is Danika in town the 13th of Aug.? Pajama Party for Acitivity Days as a reward for memorizing articles of faith, so save the date!