Thursday, July 30, 2009

What? Help!

Danika keeps asking me when school is going to start. WHAT? She is excited and counting down the days. I'm not ready to have them go! August is a day away ahhh, July went by fast. What age are they when they are sad that summer is over? On a side note... Help! My four year old likes to pick on my two year old. It's like his scream provides a great adrenaline rush for him. Please let me know I'm not the only one with a child like this. We try time outs, taking a mommy and daddy buck away (which by the way, this system of rewarding is turning out to be great!) He's sad for the moment but the next is doing everything possible to get a rise out of him again. I come from a family of seven kids. Two boy and five of us girls. The boys were the oldest, they are 12 and 15 years older than I. I didn't ever deal with a pesky brother. Have any of you? What did you do? What did your parents do? Any suggestions? Oh and beating is not an option, although I've had situations when spanking has come to mind.

5 comments:

Shantel said...

I just had this conversation with Ella's teacher yesterday. Boys communicate physically. You know how in school when a boy liked you he would tease you? Boys are physical and even in a family relationship they poke and pinch and wrestle and tickle and sometimes even hit to communicate feelings. Its hard, and I really dont like it, but that is the way it is. Mayeb it helps to know you are NOT alone,and just to understand why he is doing it,a nd teach him other ways to communicate to his brother what he is feeling.

Anonymous said...

Jake and I just fought it out! (Probally not the best idea!) haha! Serious! Now we love each other!

Lena Baron said...

Ahhh,the joys, NOT! No, you are not alone, even Jakob is getting fiesty with Caleb at times. Unfortunately, it seems that you are doing all that I would suggest. It might be something that you'll have to endure. Good Luck, sorry I'm not much help!

Company of 5 said...

Going through the same problem with 5 year old and 2 year old. VERY frustrating! Let me know if you figure out what works.

Becky said...

Got a book you can try, it's been great for us. Although lately I have to get Cody to do something with candy because I can't fight him or handle him when he's fighting me. The book is called "Positive Dicipline". There's one for birth to 3 yrs old and then there's other ones. Also another great book that is by the same foundation is "Raising Self-Reliant Children in a self-indulgent world."