Tuesday, August 4, 2009

FHE Reverence

So we are again trying yet another strategy for reverence in our home. (Ya know I could write a book with all the strategies we try) This time it's for FHE. The older kids do pretty well but it's Luke and Jacob that we are hoping this works with. We put their names on cups and put peanut M&M's in them (candy always seems to do the trick). If they were disrespectful or disruptive we took one out of the cup. It worked really well, we'll do this for a few weeks and see how it goes. We won't be able to next Monday though since we will be in Missouri. Kevin's brother Matt is getting married. My Mom is coming to watch them so I'm hoping that the kids will be good for her.

5 comments:

Nat said...

What a great idea! Candy always works with my kids, too.

Anonymous said...

I had a teaching partner do that in out 5 year old primary class. It worked very well with them. Good Luck... Have fun at the wedding too!

Shantel said...

That is a great idea! I am so going to try it. I have to do something. Beating your children does NOT invite the spirit for a good family night.Trust me.

Shanell said...

Hope you have a good trip!

Becky said...

We did that for our 6 yr old primary. Except instead of taking it away, we ate it. THAT really motivated the kids to listen to the lesson. The next Sunday one of the boys that had his candy eaten in front of him told the others "Shut up! I want my candy!"