Monday, January 23, 2012

Happy Chinese New Year

I love it when there is something to celebrate. So since it's the Chinese New Year today we made paper lanterns.

    
And fortune cookies. These turned out better than the last time. I tried a different recipe though. I  feel like I don't shape them very well, I guess one can always improve. I also want to try and create one huge fortune cookie (like the size of the cookie sheet) for Kevin. Maybe for Valentines :)


Here is the list I came up with for the fortunes:

Confucius says: If you think you're going to sum up your
life on this little bit of paper, your crazy.

Confucius says: You are not illiterate

Help! I am being held prisoner in a Chinese bakery.

It’s about time I got out of that cookie.

You will receive a fortune cookie.

Ignore previous cookie

Emotions can be sweet and sour....so can your meal :)

Sorry, your fortune is in another cookie.

Your parents love everything about you,
but that doesn't include your messy room.

THAT WASN’T CHICKEN!

Eat me!

Put me down and give your mom a hug
for making fortune cookies!


And thanks to Mr Yoshida we will have sweet and sour meatballs tonight.
Happy Chinese New Year