Tuesday, February 14, 2012

Happy Valentines Day

So I don't want this post to be "look what I did" post, I mean for it to be an ideas post. Remember how I said I wanted to make a giant fortune cookie for Kevin for Valentines? Well this is how it turned out. 
This is what I put int he fortune cookie: 


I have tried a couple different recipes but this is the one I like so far

I took that to Kevin's work along with some balloons and a poster that said
(Candy) Mike and Ike won't do
They don't compare a Stud 
Muffin (box of muffins) 
Like you.

I took enough muffins for his co-workers. 

This morning I had valentines on the kids plates, I found some funny angry birds ones and wrote a poem for them on the back

You are a special kid and we love you very much,
you make us smile and have a tender kind of touch.
We are so proud and thankful each and everyday,
To have you as our child, what more can we say.
Love Mommy and Daddy

I cut a heart shape out of bread and made toad in a hole.... at least that's what we called it growing up. When you cook the egg inside the bread.

Okay so now this next part is going to brag ha ha. Read on if you like. Our school was awarded the National Title 1 distinguished school. Also Utah State Closing the Achievement Gap Award and High Achieving School Award.
The kids were awarded with a fancy lunch. The cafeteria was transformed into a banquet area. Balloons and lights everywhere and they had a quartet playing. The PTA was asked to serve desserts. Each kid took home these plates.
It was fun to see their faces light up as they came in. One kid said "This is the best day of my life" 

2 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

That is so great!!! I am so happy to hear that Bridger is doing such a great job! They deserve it!!

overlyactive said...

I love how the cookie turned out and those plates are super cool. You are the best PTA Pres.