Thursday, May 10, 2012

Financial Stress

I recently read an article about how those on Facebook are having more financial stress. I believe it.
Most people post about vacations and different purchases.
 It is seen as an online way of "keeping up with the Jones's." 
Do you ever envy others? I have to admit I have seen pics and think, 
how fun I wish we could do that or get that. 
There are times I think...I want a bigger house, a newer car, a cleaning lady ha ha...my list could go on. Wants are wants and I think we will always have wants in our lives. But what I need, I have. Those things I "want", they aren't important at all. They are all material things that I won't be able to take with me when I die. So even though I want a bigger home, our home right now suits our needs. I love that we could have it paid off in less than 10 years. (who knows if we will be here that long but it's still a nice thought). Our vehicles suit our needs and are in good condition (I hope I didn't just jinx myself). I am healthy enough to clean my home. If we had a bigger home it would just be more work to clean right?
The world would have us think that we need more of everything. More money, more vacations etc...
Family is what's important to me....not a career, not a fancy home. When I think of the mansions prepared above....I'm sure nothing compares.



2 comments:

Heather said...

Thank you for this Sandra! It was a great reminder for all of us. I know that we have been very blessed to have sufficient for our needs and I am grateful for it!

Kristi Rowley said...

Thanks! I needed to hear that! I had never thought of FB being that way, but it totally is!