Thursday, May 17, 2012

No Poo!

Okay so I know the title sounds weird. I thought it was really weird when my friend posted it on her blog. I have decided to go Poo free :)  ShamPOO that is. I recently visited my cousin Brenda who's daughter has pretty curly hair. We were discussing hair products. She uses a product called DivaCurl and it has a cleansing product for hair that's No Poo. Sulfate found in shampoos leave's curly hair dehydrated. I have naturally curly hair and while growing up it was a thorn in my side. I couldn't control it. I ended up curling it myself in High school. I know now that my hair was SOOO dehydrated. The pics aren't the greatest, our scanner isn't working so I took pictures of pictures. I wanted to show you how unruly it was.
This is first grade. Not too bad but... look at....
SECOND GRADE...little more fluff
THIRD GRADE WOWSA!!!! Needless to say I hate this picture
FOURTH GRADE! DOUBLE WOWSA....yep hate this one more than third grade.
You can't see very well in the picture the huge Fuzz ball oh I mean pony tale.
Okay so I'm sure you're getting the point....my hair was fuzzy, my nickname was Bush woman....enough said.
Okay so here is my Senior Picture. I decided to let it do it's own thing. I remember taming it down with hairspray or I'm sure it would be a few more inches outwards. I loved my twin sisters hair growing up (she is right next to me on the right) She had nice wavy hair. 
I have been Poo Free for a week now and I can tell a big difference when I just scrunch it and let it dry on it's own. Here is a picture I had BriLynn take yesterday (remember she's three) I did it curly. Better huh?
Did you know you're not suppose to wash curly hair everyday???? Why didn't someone tell me that when I had trauma in elementary and high school? Here's a story for ya....I wanted straight hair so bad when I was in middle school that my oldest sister bought a product off the TV, you know those paid infomercials. She used it on me but before we even started my mom said "I would read all the instructions if I were you." We didn't. My hair turned GREEN!!!! Looking on the box it said "Not recommended for blonds or red heads". OOPS
I was in Drill Team and I remember marching in a parade and hearing a little girl say to her parents "Mom that girl has green hair" 
 IT GETS BETTER
So to get the green out we bleach it....So me, in my all knowing teenage mind thinks, I'll keep the bleach on longer so there is absolutely no green left. 
So my hair falls out! Not completely thank goodness but a big chunk of my bangs. I had to cut more bangs to hide the missing hair. Needless to say it was the most horrifying thing to me.
So if any of you have curly hair I would recommend No Poo he he.

1 comment:

Heather said...

Ha Ha! Those pictures are AWESOME!!! They look just like mine growing up... UGGGG! I have been trying the no poo option too. It really does help. Let me know what products are working for you. :)