Wednesday, May 30, 2012

Sad

It's day's like yesterday that make me thankful to be a stay at home Mom. I took the kids to the park yesterday and the same thing happened that had occurred a few weeks ago at another park.  Daycare's just happen to be there when we are. Johnathan is so little we usually stay at the swings. While there I had a little girl tugging at my shirt asking for help. I put her in the swing and she kept asking me to push her. At another park it was a little boy, I asked him where his mom was and he said "at work". The kids kept asking me to help them with things. All the while the day care providers were sitting and talking. I didn't see them once get up and help the kids. Now I have nothing against daycare providers, my twin sister is one, but nothing can replace the care  and attention of a Mom throughout the day. I feel for those who have to work and cannot be home with their little ones. It made me sad to see these kids begging for my attention. It would break my heart to have someone else watch them. Sure there are days that a break would be nice but then I think of those little ones tugging at my shirt wanting help. Just thankful I can be home with our little ones, for they are only little for so long.

4 comments:

Heather said...

I sure hope that my daycare providers pay attention to my daughter when they take her to the park. I pay a lot of money every month for the peace of mind that my daughter is getting the attention she needs while I am at work. I wish I could be a stay at home mom, but with Tony working construction they don't offer benefits. We have to have benefits. So if you see Rachel at the park not being taken care of please let me know, and give her a push on the swing for me. Wish I could be there doing it myself.

Felicia said...

I realize that some do not have a choice, but there are also many who could stay home if they wanted it bad enough, and were willing to do without. It's SO hard, but SO worth it. I'm grateful for my own mother and her example because honestly if I hadn't seen it done, I'm not sure I would believe it is possible.

I believe that those Mom's who do HAVE to work, and who have prayerfully made that decision and feel it's what's best for them, will be blessed in their efforts. The Lord can make up the difference.

One thing that I have realized while studying the history of the Relief Society is that the women in the past DID work. They didn't always leave the home (although many were nurses, teachers, helped on the farm, etc.) but they most certainly did work. It has caused me to re-evaluate the kinds of things I'm spending my time on at home. Many stay-at-home moms don't give their children the attention they need either and that's just as sad.

Nat said...

We make a lot of sacrifices for me to stay at home, but it is so worth it. This little story just proves it. Thanks for the reminder.

Oh, yeah. I think awesomer is a word! :)

Kristi Rowley said...

I noticed something kinda like this today...but different. I had my two youngest at McDonalds for lunch. As I sat at the table with them I looked around at the other mom's with there kids...there were 3 others. All 3 of them had there phone out playing with it while they sat at the table with their kids. I had left mine in the car and when I saw this, I was very grateful I had. I could actually sit and talk with my girls and pay attention to them while they ate. I decided then that I needed to leave the phone behind more often...