Monday, June 4, 2012

Summer Schedule 2012

MISSION MONDAYS (Treasure hunts, Scouts or Faith in God Books, Games using brains)
TACKLE TUESDAY (activities using our bodies, Library day)
WHY NOT WEDNESDAY ( Crafts that get messy)
THANKFUL THURSDAY (Gods creations/Zoo/Parks/Water)
FOOD FRENZY FRIDAY (yummy food to create and eat)

Today was the first day of our Summer Schedule. I sat the kids down and discussed what is expected of them through the Summer (ex: chores done, reading done etc. before playing) and went through our schedule. Today we looked through the ads and found three food items for the oldest kids to get and buy. We figured out the cost ahead of time and then they paid for them. I should have got pictures of them but forgot. I figure this will teach them the price of things and that not all products are equal. I had to have Andrew put back an item at checkout because he didn't get the one on sale. The youngest had three items they had to take a pictures of.  






They better I hope they have fun with this schedule cause it took me a lot of time to put together ha ha.

1 comment:

Lena Baron said...

AWESOME! I look forward to following how things go. I had to decide whether to totally forget routine and rules this summer or stick to following routines and rules (mostly about media time.) I decided to try to find the middle ground instead. I'll be posting my Summer Routine and Ideas on my blog tomorrow. Thanks for sharing yours!!