Saturday, June 23, 2012

Week 2 of summer schedule



Monday: I taught the kids how to use the washer and dryer. Why didn't I do this before, it was so easy???? I love saying "hey sis, please go put the clothes that are in the washer into the dryer." And she does it......SO NICE!  I didn't know how to use a washer and dryer till I went to college. My Mom just did it for us.
Tuesday: I got some little notebooks at Staples on clearance (5 for 1$).  We made them into nature books. We took a walk and found bugs to draw.
Wednesday: We were suppose to experiment with sticky stuff around the house but were to pooped from playing at the Splashpad.
Thursday: Took a trip to the ZOO and went to story time. The kids got to pet a snake. We lucked out as the National Children's Study was there with a game and each child who played got a coupon for a free Papa Murphy's kids kit. I got them for Friday's lunch and the kids had fun putting their own little pizza's together. *I enjoyed the lunch date with my hubby. Have I mentioned that I LOVE having Danika home to babysit!!!! Three of them also won bike helmets WOO HOO!!!!
Friday: We made rock candy. We made three different kinds, Peppermint, Cinnamon, and Cherry flavored. It was fun to see the crystals forming only an hour after we did it. We are leaving them in the jars for a week or so to get big crystals.

Even with the other activities through the week: Tennis lessons, Tee ball, coaches pitch, library, scouts, activity days, 4-H..... I feel like I need do more for each day of the week to keep their minds going.  

5 comments:

Inspired said...

I know you probably don't want to hear this, but you are a really good homeschool mom.:)

Lena Baron said...

So Leif and I were thinking about you guys today... You don't happen to have one extra seat in your vehicle for another one for a while do you!?;) You are amazing!!

Unknown said...

That sounds like lots of fun! Thanks for the great ideas.

R has asthma really bad right now. He also has double ear infections and an infection in his adenoids. The tubes in his ears came out, but they are stuck in his ear canal. We have to take him in to get them removed. Boo!

Unknown said...

Oops. I thought I was logged in as me. Oh well. You know who I am! ;)

Tiffani said...

Can you PLEASE some and be the mom at my house?