Sunday, June 10, 2012

Random ideas

So for Thankful Thursday we had a water balloon pinata. We had some friends over and I think they all had fun. I'm too lazy to post the pics I took so just envision a kid blind folded flinging a bat at water balloons.

For Food Frenzy Friday we made Gifts for Grandpa's for Fathers Day. I'm pretty sure I'm safe to post this as Kevin's Dad is at the cabin and my Dad doesn't have the internet. Since we will be at the cabin next week I needed to get all the Fathers Day stuff done before hand. The kids wrote letters and drew pictures. I got jars at the dollar store and we filled them up with peanut M@M's. Danika and I wrote a poem to attach to it:

M@M's for Grandpa
Green is for the happiness,
and brown is for your smile.
Yellow is for the hugs,
that you give us all the while.
Blue is for the sadness,
that you live so far away.
Orange is for the words,
you always nicely say.
You're a special Grandpa,
with a very tender touch.
Red is there to show you,
we LOVE YOU very much!

Aren't we poetic? he he. I made some strawberry freezer jam and wanted to give it to those I go visiting teaching too. I like to come up with a saying or poem to go along with the items I give. I couldn't think of a poem for this one so I ended up doing this:

We often get ourselves
in a pickle, or in a jam...
I thought you would
prefer the jam.

Yep...I'm corny that way.








5 comments:

Lena Baron said...

You are NOT Lazy or Unpoetic, or Corny! I know you weren't asking for me to correct you, but I just have to say, You AMAZE Me!! Truly! I just wanted to let you know;) Thanks for the ideas. I will be using some of them. Hope you have a great time with family at the cabin!!

Heather said...

Very fun! I wish I was poetic, never was... :) You guys amaze me constantly too! Have a fun time at the cabin. Take lots of pictures for us!

Crystal said...

I love those. I think you are really creative! I might have to steal the Grandpa one from you if that's ok? ;)

mt said...

You have such a talent for poetry and fun ideas!

mt said...

By the way, the above comment is from Shauntae...I am logged in under my mom's account today. :)