Friday, July 13, 2012

Week 5 of Summer Schedule

Monday: Photo Treasure Hunt. The kids LOVED this. Andrew kept asking to do it over and over again. I made a list of items ex: take a picture of something blue, take a picture of the dog etc... They got into two groups and raced to see who could finish first. It was fun to see them work together as I made them rotate who got to take pictures.

Tuesday: Played Drag the Body: Got a blanket and dragged them across the floor. It's a lot of work for mamma but they sure get a kick out of it.

Wednesday: Pavement Paint.  Mixed 1/4th cup cold water with 1/4th cup cornstarch added food coloring (a little as it can stain the pavement). Another hit for two reasons! First it was easy and cheap. Plus...After it dried it was really gritty and Danika noticed when she rubbed it in her fingers it made them really smooth. So I rubbed my feet in it and ta da...smoothed calluses.


Thursday: Visit water park or splash pad.....well we did the swimming pool last week and we have already gone to the splash pad.  So instead I got a slip n' slide and small baby pool at Smiths. They had all their swimming stuff half off. Best nine bucks ever spent...except that the dog bit a hole in the pool grrrrrr.


Friday: Frozen Banana Pops. Cut banana's  in half and push in a Popsicle sticks. Spread peanut butter or honey over it and roll it in desired toppings. Ex: crushed nuts, granola, crushed cereal. Freeze for three hours.


Week number six will be a bit tricky as we are going on Trek. I don't expect Kevin's Mom to do the schedule although I'll have it if she wants to do it. If not, I may just move it down a week. I'm hoping I don't die on Trek ha ha. It's the 10 mile hike while pulling the handcarts that scares me.  

No comments: