Saturday, August 18, 2012

Summer Schedule Week 9

Monday: Science fun. Elephant toothpaste. 
I need to go buy the volume 20 at the salon (I had volume 10) and it didn't seem to have enough hydrogen peroxide to make the geyser I was hoping for, but it was still entertaining. You can find the recipe here: http://www.sciencebob.com/experiments/toothpaste.php


Felt pretty funny too. We made blue and green.

Tuesday: Learn yoga moves.....umm..yeah didn't get to that but we didn't make a fun fort in the family room

We also played a game outside with sidewalk chalk. After we played one game the kids wanted to do it again so I guess it was a hit. We drew a 10x10 grid on the ground. Andrew, Luke, Danika and I each took a corner. The point is to be the one with the most marks. You can only move up, down and sideways not diagonally. It was kinda like blockus only we were the pieces :) 

Wednesday: Homemade slime. I feel like a ditz because I had no idea cornstarch would do this and it was super fun to play with. One of those days when you feel like the coolest Mom ever ha ha. 
I found the info here:

Although I didn't have a full box of cornstarch it was pretty full and adding the three cups water they say made it to runny. I had to dump some of the water out after it separated a little. Even the neighbors wanted to take some home to show their parents.

Thursday: We made bubble bombs with baking soda and vinegar. They didn't have as much POP as I expected. I guess I expected the bags to burst apart into pieces and they just blew up and popped. Entertaining non the less. 

Friday: Jello play dough cookies. I was actually surprised at how tasty these were. I did make a boo boo with one color, I got distracted and added the whole packet of jello when you only add 2 Tablespoons. So our Raspberry flavor ones were super tart but still good.
 It was fun that you could mold and play with the dough and then cook them up for a tasty treat. I think the lemon was everyone's favorite, which surprised me. 

I can't believe school starts next week. I'm so sad!  Hopefully I had some fun activities this Summer that they will remember.


No comments: