Wednesday, December 3, 2008

Just one of those days!

I should have known that having a great night sleep would be the high before the low. Last night she was awake from 1-4. Plus I have a head cold and that makes sleep that much harder. The hardest part of my day is trying to get Jacob down for his nap. I can't pick him up..I did it a couple times and paid for it later. So today I had to drag him to his room. It's frustrating not to be able to do the things I regularly do like picking up a child. On a positive note, I don't think the baby blues kicked in this time. I figure if it hasn't kicked in after a week it probably won't. Don't get me wrong I have my moments but I'm sure that's normal. Oh just a note to all those in the ward...don't forget the Christmas party tonight. Okay I'm done, thanks for letting me vent!

9 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I hope the baby blues stay away. Keep looking at the bright side and you'll be good!!!

Tina said...

Yay for no baby blues! Hopefully you get better soon too. See you tonight!

Daughter of God said...

I know what you mean. After my surgery I couldn't pick tyler up for three weeks!! It was so hard and he wouldn't go down for naps either. I feel your pain, sorry. It will get better. :]

Lena Baron said...

Just to make sure: Did I miss that you had a C-Section? I know it's hard to lift with a regular birth too. So I just wanted clarification. Good luck with the sleeping schedule. I'm no help there. I'm still seeing almost every two hours and Caleb is 8 months. I know, it's partly my fault and choice. I like the calories burning through the night...

Jake, Tayli, Jayli, Kynli & Charli said...

You poor thing. You did such a nice job at the party last night too. By the way congratulations! BriLynn is beautiful. And I love her name.

Nat said...

Maybe you should ask Santa for a good night's sleep!

I hope tonight is better!

Trina said...

I hope you get feeling better soon. It is miserable having a cold let alone trying to recover from having a baby at the same time. I hope she sleeps good tonight. I always thought it was funny when people would be like "You just need to sleep when the baby is sleeping..." hahahaha yeah right. That is a little easier to do when you have only one baby. I still haven't figured out how to synchronize those naps. :)

The Durham Family said...

I don't envy you! I enjoy my sleep WAY TOO much! This too shall pass - you know that - it doesn't make it any easier - I know! I will pray for you! It has to get better - can't get much worse right!!! Just kidding. You sure have a cute baby!

Company of 5 said...

You guys did a great job at the Christmas party! I'm sure you had a huge part in the planning part if not everything else too!