Thursday, October 8, 2009

Eww

I was tearing out the zucchini plants and saw this little garden snake. I told the kids to come and see it. Danika wanted to catch it and was not afraid at all...ewwww. Must be her fathers DNA. On another note, Kevin and I got a new mattress. We pulled the old one down into the living room. We told the kids the whole rule about jumping on the bed doesn't apply to this one and to "have at it". Sorry about the spots on the picture, the camera lens was dirty. I had fun too, look at me catch air HA HA. Did you know that it's recommended that you change mattresses every five to seven years? Yikes, that gets expensive. We had this bad boy for almost 10 years. Farewell my old friend.

12 comments:

Anonymous said...

We used to take our mattresses off our beds and slid down the stairs on them!! haha. Looks like fun!

Anonymous said...

I totally spelt Slide wrong...

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Yea, it is most likely time to replace ours. But it is still SO comfortable. I hate to fix what is not broken.

Nat said...

Look! Five little monkeys jumping on the bed!

We have yet to replace our mattress. We're also going on ten years. Maybe it is time for an upgrade!

Random side note:
In 2009 we have replaced the waffle iron, the blender, the toaster, the food processor and the crock pot. I was thinking "why is everything breaking at the same time?" Then it hit me. They were all wedding presents except the food processor. We got them all at the same time, so why wouldn't they all break at the same time. Now add a mattress to the list. Sheesh. I need another wedding reception! :)

Sandra said...

I guess I should have mentioned that the reason we got a new one was because our backs started hurting. We figured it was the matress since they mostly ached in the morning. It is still in great condition (well not now ha ha).

vesta said...

randy got me a foam topper that is 4 inches thick. no more back pain and I fall asleep much faster. My only worry is that sometimes the kids sneak in the bed with us in the middle of night. I worry about them peeing on it. How would I clean that?

Inspired said...

Love your fun way of "use it up and wear it out." Great Post, and you know you just said the kids could jump on it so you could too.

The Mann Clann said...

What a fun mom you are!

Kristi Rowley said...

AHHHH A Snake!!!!!

Trina said...

Looks like fun! We need a new mattress too. I want a fancy one though and they are so expensive!

Raelynn said...

You have A BEAUTIFUL family!! i bet that was fun jumping!!
Wow!! about the mattress thing!! pretty pricy!!

Becky said...

That's awesome! When Jeff and I got a new couch he jumped from our banister onto the couch. He's wanted to do that since he was a little kid. (We have the same layout as one of his houses when he was younger)