Thursday, October 21, 2010

Ahh much better

We got new windows installed in our home yesterday. The first thing Andrew said was "Wow I can see outside."
I promise I did clean them. Just not as much on the outside. We have had condensation and mold on some of the windows. I guess they were not sealed properly and they let in so much cold air in the wintertime. We hope to see a major improvement. I love how they look. I took a before, during and after picture. Maybe you can't tell the difference but I can. I especially love the new sliding glass door....it slides ha ha. The last one you had to jerk hard on to open. The guys were amazing! There were only two of them but they replaced 10 windows and 1 sliding glass door in five hours.
On a sad note we had to take our car in the shop. They told us that if they replaced the part they thought was causing the problem, and the check engine light didn't go off then we would need a new transmission. WHAT? That van has less than 80,000 miles. Is it just me or does anyone else have a hard time trusting auto mechanics?
Well we picked it up and so far so good. I'll be saying a silent prayer every time I drive it though (that the light doesn't pop on). We have to buy a new vehicle soon that can seat at least 8 so I hope nothing else happens till we sell it.

11 comments:

Lena Baron said...

AWESOME... The windows! Yes, you can tell a defference. And I'm sorry about the car. Transmissions are NOT cheap! Good luck on that one!

Jessica said...

I love the new windows, I hope to do that to our house soon too. As far as the car, I'm sorry. I hate car problems. Luckily I have a husband that is really good with that kind of stuff. I hope that they fixed the problem for you.

Felicia said...

I love new windows. We have been replacing ours one at a time as we can afford it (Todd's been doing it himself so that we don't have to pay installers every time), and we have three more to go.

I have a hard time believing that a van with less than 80,000 miles would need a new transmission! Sometimes there can be a short that will cause the check engine light to come on when nothing is wrong. Hopefully it's something like that!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Yea for windows!

If the light does go on, I would take it to a different place and see what they say. We had a problem with our car a while back and took it to 3 different places....they all said it was something different!
So frustrating.

Kristi Rowley said...

I can tell a difference! They look great!

Tina said...

Yay! Windows look good to me!
On another note... how much are you selling your van for? What are the specs? A van is on our "not too distant future" list. 3 kids in the back of the Honda makes for a tight squeeze. :)

Jessica & Gary said...

wow I bet you feel ike you have new house! The windows look great and you can tell. Hope the car is some fluke and it really is ok...good luck

Shannon said...

How nice! We need to do that too.

Ashley said...

Your windows look great! Hope you are feeling better! Have a great weekend!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Yay, who did your windows? We need to do ours :)

Sorry about your van... prayer can go a LONG way for that sort of thing :) good luck

overlyactive said...

I can't wait to see the new windows. You might want to try a second opinion on the van before you get a new transmission. We love our mechanic so let us know if you want to try it out.