Tuesday, October 26, 2010

These are a few of my favorite things...

I love my in laws. I grew up thinking I wouldn't (you know the stereotypical of a mother in law) They are so kind and loving. Yesterday we got a package from them. Kevin's mom had made each of the kids a trick or treat bag. I wish I was as good at sewing as she is.The kids were super excited. As am I...the bags will be much easier to store than those pumpkin buckets. Now onto the kids schools pictures. I always opt out of buying the ones at the school because they are so expensive. I do buy a class picture for memory sake. I wanted to show the difference between their class picture and then the one they took at JCPenny. I always use their 7.99 coupon. You get 2- 8x10's, 2- 5x7's, 4-3x5's, and 16 wallets. It is of one picture but you get to choose from all the ones they take (which is about 15). The ones taken at the school are on the right.


Can you see the difference and why I like to get it taken elsewhere?
These books are one of my favorite things. My mother kept one for me while I was growing up. I still have it, it's fun to look through. There are pockets to keep awards, art work and report cards. You write who your friends are, what you want to be, your signature (which is fun to see how it changes) and more. I have one for each of the kids except for the one incubating he he. If you are interested in them you can find them at harrietcarter.com. Type school in the search. They are only 5.98 and they come personalized.
Another favorite of mine is finding kids sleeping in fun places.

4 comments:

Nat said...

I've been opting out of school pictures, too. My sis-in-law is a photographer, and I love what she does so much better than the schoo photographers.

Cute trick-or-treat bags! If I can find some cute Halloween fabric, I am definitely making some! :)

Shanell said...

Those bags are super cute! I hear ya about the inlaws, I always anticipated just having to put up with them, but I am grateful that my kids have such great grandparents. It is such a blessing, they are a much bigger part of my kids' lives and teach them things that I forget.

We were sad we couldn't go to the party, you looked super cute!

Jessica said...

I love the idea of the books, I am going to check them out! Cute pictures of your kids, I only get the class pictures too.

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I am with you on the school pictures.
Although it is nice to have a yearly picture of them, I am so glad that I no longer get pestered to purchase over-priced pictures. Now, I go to JC's or take my own!