Saturday, November 6, 2010

Maybe...

This is going to be a venting post so if you don't want to hear it just click out now....just wanted to warn ya.
Being pregnant brings so many emotions to the surface. I swear when I'm not pregnant I usually never cry or get so dramatic. Lately I've been extremely moody.
Tonight I snapped at Kevin and afterwards felt extremely awful. Have you ever done something that you feel that saying sorry just doesn't cover it. After I thought about how hard he is working and all the pressure he has with his calling. Here he has a moody wife, just icing on the cake right? There are many times I feel like he's physically here but not mentally because he is thinking through things with the ward. The poor guy has so much and I want to help him but I can't.
You hear about those wonderful women who never complain. I can't say I'm one of those. I have found myself getting upset easily. For example, when someone calls during dinner and Kevin has to come back to cold food.
I guess I feel like the time with his family isn't respected. Luke said to me the other day while Kevin was at meetings "Daddy is always at the church". It's been an adjustment for them not to have Daddy around as much.
He works so hard and I love him. I know for me, I will try harder to be supportive. It's so hard not to take the burden from him but there's no way I can.
Maybe eventually I will be one of those women who don't complain. Maybe..

6 comments:

Felicia said...

I'm sitting here trying to think of something to say that might make you feel better...but I don't have any idea how to help.

Just know that I care. I don't know what it's like to be a bishop's wife, but I understand pregnancy hormones all too well.

This has absolutely nothing to do with your problem, but a few days ago, I listened to Pres. Eyring's most recent conference talk, followed by reading this article by Sister Beck: http://lds.org/library/display/0,4945,9118-1-5187-1,00.html

Listening and reading these two talks was such a boost to my faith. I'm going to keep studying them this week because they left me feeling so...powerful.

I hope you feel better tomorrow. I will pray for you.

Mandy said...

Its hard not to get upset or frustrated when your husband has a big calling and responsibilities. You are doing great though and its ok to get frustrated sometimes. My father in-law is a bishop and I have seen how much time the calling can take away from family time. Just remember your family is recieving the blessings too for your sacrifice. Stay positive and find something that will keep you busy too WE love you both and are so happy to have such a great Bishop and friend.

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Sandra, don't be so hard on yourself. You are wonderful! That being said, no one can be perfect 100% of the time. Especially being pregnant and being the Bishop's wife. That's a calling in itself. Your family will receive great blessings. But you know I do think it's okay to make family time special. I think I've said this before, but our previous Bishop had different "mail boxes" on his answering machine. Press one for the Bishop, Press two for the family. They would let the phone ring through dinner and let the machine get it. The Ward can seriously wait 15 minutes while you guys have family dinner together! That's how our Bishop and their family did it and I think it made them feel like the "busyness" of his calling wasn't quite as intrusive during something important like family time.

Tina said...

I completely agree with Lacy's comment. It can be hard having a husband that's gone all the time. But like she said, the ward can wait 15 minutes (or an hour).
You are an awesome mom and I think you do a fabulous job wrangling all 5 of those kids and taking on all the other things that you do. I'm sure Kevin appreciates it too!

Lena Baron said...

I've been thinking about you too. There's not much I can say either, I haven't been in your shoes. But I wish you luck and strength during this time in life. God Bless!

Sharane said...

Sandra -

Honestly, I would worry if you didn't complain! We are all human. You & Kevin are so amazing with all that you handle. Let the phone ring while you eat. People can wait. You all need that time together. Hang in there! You are doing a GREAT work by being a mom AND a bishop's wife. Don't be so hard on yourself! You are amazing! :)