Tuesday, November 30, 2010

To grandmothers house we go...

Thankfully we didn't go through snow though. We headed south on I70 since we heard a storm was coming. It was clear sailing except for wind. On our way back we hit a little snow while on I80 but nothing to what we saw when we got home. We missed all the craziness of the schools and businesses closing. It's amazing to me that we were wearing jackets a few days ago. We got to Kevin's parents house Wednesday afternoon and it was in the 70's. Now we are FREEZING. I'm so grateful for our neighbors that shoveled our driveway while we were gone. I love our neighbors!
Here are some pictures of the fun we had while in Missouri.
The kids had lots of fun with their cousins. They especially liked Grandma and Grandpa's hot tub. (I couldn't get in...sigh))
Jacob and Luke playing with Molly. Their cousins dog.

Danika and MaKayla climbing trees
Andrew and Joseph playing in the trees.
Breakfast, Thanksgiving day. Tables were already up from pie night before. His parents have a Pie night the night before Thanksgiving. A chicken pot pie and shepherds pie are made and everyone brings their favorite dessert pies. I don't know about you but I never have room for the pie on Thanksgiving day so I love it. Definitely keeping that tradition!
The kids put on a little skit on Thanksgiving. They were so cute, and did a good job.
I must say I'm getting in the Christmas spirit. We put up our tree today, the lights are all on woo hoo.

5 comments:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

glad you're home safe... looks like fun... I like the Pie Night idea :)

Jessica said...

Looks like fun, we just put our tree up and decorated it for family night. I am excited for Christmas this year too!

Nat said...

Looks like fun!

We always have "Friday Pie Day" with my family the day after Thanksgiving. Fun times!

We are going to Temple Square this afternoon. We're going to chop down our Christmas Tree on Saturday. I'm getting in the Christmas spirit, too! It's so fun when you have little kids!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

You gotta love kids! They know how to have a good time!!

balesfamily said...

Sandra this is a picture perfect Thanksgiving! I love it! And I love the skit idea. Thanks for sharing.