Tuesday, December 7, 2010

Good bye van, hello humongous!


With a baby coming in a few months we figured it was time to find a vehicle that would fit us all. Our van is only a seven passenger. I'm sad to have to sell it. It really has been a good vehicle. If you know anyone who is looking for a van let them know. It's a 2004 Dodge Grand Caravan. It has 82,300 miles. We are asking 7500 but are negotiable. It was a rental car when we bought it five years ago so we are the only personal owners.
As for our new car it's a 9 passenger 2005 Yukon XL. A 9 passenger Yukon is hard to come by, they don't make as many bench seats for the front as bucket seats. We wanted one though just in case we are to have a number seven. My max is seven :) It's HUGE!!! Notice the tennis ball hung. I know when to stop when that hits my windshield ha ha. We did ourselves a huge injustice by looking at newer Yukon's. They were super nice but after figuring we would have a payment of over 700 dollars we came down to earth.Good bye van you will be missed.

10 comments:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

wowzers!! enjoy :)?!?! I really think you are amazing to be willing to have that many children and do so well... really, 4 is all I can handle. That will be so nice for you guys. My parents just got a yukon a few months ago and they LOVE it. (and theirs was a used one as well)

Jessica said...

That looks awesome, I am sure you will enjoy it!

Daughter of God said...

We have had a Yukon XL for 2 1/2 years now and I love it!! I wouldn't have bought anything else. Really we love love love it! Ours only seats 7. We wanted the 4 bucket seats so it was more like a mini van without having to be a mini van. No offence, I just couldn't do it, be mini van mom. anywho I love being able to have so much room. Adult's can sit in the back with tons of room. You will enjoy it!
amy

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

I saw the Yukon when I was taking the boys to school today, it looks so nice!

Shannon said...

How fun! I bet you will love your new Yukon.

Nat said...

Nice Yukon!

Even though we will never have seven children (sigh...) I would live to have a nine passenger vehicle. It would be good for Scouts, hauling kids and friends around, AND it would do WONDERS with the "He's touching me..." factor!

Have fun in your new Yukon!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Man alive! That thing has got to be huge! BUT, I am sure you will enjoy it!
I would need a tennis ball too....I crashed into the garage walls twice with my smaller mini van!!

Kristi Rowley said...

You will love it! Or maybe the kids will love it because they will have so much more room! I used a tennis ball too. I was always worried that I wasn't far enough in the garage and would have to get out and look everytime.

Inspired said...

Well, it may be huge, but it isn't a 15 passenger van right? :) I know I know your limit is seven. Good number too!

Heather K. said...

Love the new SUV! I drive my mom's SUV sometimes and its only a 5 passenger and I feel very disoriented in it, I feel like I'm going to run into things! And you're right, the prices on those vehicles are outrageous. Before we decided to buy out our lease, we looked at prices on vehicles and new Yukons....Yeesh! It was more than my house payment a month!