Monday, December 20, 2010

All at once

I don't know if you have heard this, but I've heard that people pass away in three's. I swear thats how it goes with problems too.
We came home from a wonderful Christmas party at my parents this weekend (of course I forget to take the camera) and find that the dishwasher is having problems. The heating coil won't turn off. If the door is not shut it won't go on but if it's shut (not even turned on) it will heat it up. So I'm on the phone for an hour on hold trying to get someone at Maytag. There is someone coming to check it out tomorrow.
Then I go upstairs and open the blinds in the boys room and find that their is water damage by the window. (What??? it's a new window, maybe it's a bad seal?) I call the company and they are coming next Monday. Then we go to Andrew's orthodontist appointment. He tells us that he will most likely need braces at two different times. Yikes.
It's frustrating when things happen at once but I just think, "the house hasn't burned down from the dishwasher and no one was hurt", "the window stuff should be covered by warranty" and "sure braces are big chunk of money but it would be a lot more without insurance."
I feel like I dwell too much on the negative sometimes. So that will be one of my new years resolutions, to see the positive even in negative situations.

I wanted to share this quote. It has been going through my mind this season. It's helped me see past the worldly things that force their way into my life. To focus on what's important.

Receive it,
Feel it,
Just to know God loves you,
The gift is to be felt continually day by day.

Have a Merry Christmas!

5 comments:

Heather K. said...

Yep, I feel that way too about bad things happening all at once! I do try to look at the positive in things but its hard when you are hit with the situation...it has to soak in for a bit. I'm glad that you are able to get those all fixed! :)

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Oh man, it always happens that way for us too... hang in there. :) Good to be positive

Shanell said...

It is hard to really appreciate the simple things and to be grateful for what we have, I think our first instinct is to worry and fret over things. I have such a long way to go on this, but I have already noticed a difference with trying to have a more appreciative and positive attitude. You reinforce that every time I see you.

Mandy said...

I think I'm going to have to take your lead on this. I have been kind of negative about things lately. With the saying in my head constantly, "what else now?" So I will start looking on the positive side of things too. Thanks for letting me know I'm not alone sometimes, others feel the same way :) But I'm glad that everything turned out okay for you.

Shannon said...

Can you send me your mailing address?
slyoung4ever@hotmail.com