Sunday, December 12, 2010

Holiday Greetings

Today I'm at home sick with the BriLynn and Jacob who are also sick. (Yucky head colds, tis the season) While the others were at Stake Conference I watched Mr. Krueger's Christmas with littler ones. I didn't know if they would pay attention but they did. Jacob is asking if he can watch it tomorrow. My favorite part is the end when the narrator says:
"I love you. Thats what Christmas is all about.
Klarrisa said it to Mr. Krueger, Mr. Krueger said it to Jesus
and Jesus in so many ways said it to all of us."

Isn't that beautiful! I'm always in awe when I think of the Love our Savior has for us.


Christmas Letter and Card 2010
Sorry it's not the clearest, I just took a picture of it.

Twas a Few Weeks Before Christmas

Twas a few weeks before Christmas and all through our home,
not a child was sleeping, they were up writing this poem.

The stockings were flung on the couch with great care,
'cause Santa forgot to bring us a chimney last year.

With Mama in maternity, Dad in his suit.
With another on the way, were gonna need some more loot.

Then what to our wondering eyes should appear,
but a crying child, "are you hungry my dear?"

More rapid than eagles for dinner they came,
I whistled and shouted and called them by name.

Now Danika, now Andrew, now Jacob and Luke.
On BriLynn and Daddy, come get what I nuked.

As we bowed down our heads and gave thanks for the food,
We hoped the burritos would lighten the mood.

We had messy faces and little round bellies,
That shook as we laughed like bowls full of jelly.

A wink of Kevin's eye and an ache in my head,
soon gave us to know, it was time for their beds.

But we heard them exclaim as we crept out of site,
HAPPY CHRISTMAS TO ALL, AND TO ALL A GOOD NIGHT!

May the Lord bless you and your family this Holiday Season.

Love the Westwoods

PS Sandra really does make home cooked meals.
PPS We rarely have frozen burritos.

7 comments:

Jessica said...

What a great poem,I loved it.

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Very cute! :)

Lena Baron said...

Oh SOOOO Cute!!! Sure wish we lived closer to eachother. Merry Christmas!

Nat said...

I loved your card, and my boys had fun reading it too! Thanks for sending us one!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Sometimes frozen burritos are the perfect dinner! Thank goodness for them!

Love it!

Shantel said...

What a cute poem!!!! Burritos are the favorite around here. Just like you make home cooked meals - I dont lie to my kids like on my blog...;0)I really dont.

Heather K. said...

Cute poem! That's funny! I would like to say we rarely have frozen burritos! ;) Love the xmas card too!