Thursday, December 30, 2010

Happy Birthday Boys

Today was full of craziness. Good craziness. I decided a little while ago not to do a birthday every year. I love to throw parties but it can be a lot. Plus with us having three in March, two in December and one in November it puts them really close together. I decided I would do it every four years. When they are four, eight, twelve, and sixteen. Those are big birthdays for them anyway. At eight your baptized. At twelve you graduate to YM and YW. Then at sixteen you date and drive. On the off years they can have friends over but I'm not going to plan a big party. Well unfortunately we didn't really time things right and had Jacob and Andrew four years apart on the same day. Oh well, every four years it will be crazy. Plus I only have to decorate for one day ha ha. I have a twin sister and I know how bummed I was to share a day at times so I didn't want the boys to feel like they were gypped from having their "own" party. Cake and all. What's funny is they both wanted the same cake. So I ended up doing two Ben Ten watch cakes. I think their omnitrix cakes turned out fun. We had Jacobs party first. We played bingo and duck duck goose (one of Jacobs favorite games). They liked the heavy heavy hangover part for the gifts.

The four year olds were tame compared to the eight year olds. Man they were wild. For Andrew's party they learned how to make Ninja stars out of paper then had a contest to see who could throw the most in a basket. Then they played pin the ninja star on the ninja. I'm surprised Andrew didn't want me to make a ninja cake since he likes ninja stuff so much.

They had a good time and thats all that matters. I have to add this picture because I think it's so funny. We gave Andrew left handed junior clubs for his birthday. We got a great deal while we were in Missouri. I love his reaction. Kevin is excited to take him out with him come Summer. To end a fun day of birthdays we also got an offer on our van WOO HOO. Happy Birthday Andrew and Jacob, we love you!!!

3 comments:

Heather K. said...

I STINK at cake decorating! You did so good! I seriously may never do a cake again! Okay, I might, but this year almost put me in tears with Olivia's cake! I forgot they were both born on the same day...how fun! Happy birthday Andrew and Jacob!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

What a great day!

Jessica said...

Your cakes look great! Happy Birthday boys!!