Sunday, January 2, 2011

It's Great to be Eight

It's hard to believe that I have two kids that have been baptized. Do you ever feel like your younger than you are.
It's neat that those in our stake are baptized in the Logan Tabernacle, such a historic place. I know Andrew will remember the date too since it was the first day of the year. I worried about doing it on the first but after hearing that nine are scheduled for this coming Saturday I'm glad we did. It was a beautiful day full of the spirit, family, and friends. Look at these handsome boys!It was pretty warm with the humidity from the water so I look like the state puff marshmallow man. It took awhile for the swelling to go down.

I did the same thing I did at Danika's baptism and had those that attended write their testimonies while Andrew and Kevin were getting dressed. I love that he can open his baptism book and read through them anytime to help his testimony grow. We were going to have the luncheon at our home but we decided to scheduled the church instead. I'm glad we did, I can't imagine this many people in our house. Thank you to everyone who came and supported Andrew on his special day. Now I can relax for two more years till I have to plan the next baptism luncheon, invites, book etc. Oh wait...I guess there will be a baby blessing before that. Snap.

6 comments:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

what a special way to start out the New Year! :) Sandra, you look great!

Lena Baron said...

How NEAT! And I Love the testimony idea!!!!!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Thanks for the great idea! My Ethan will be baptized in May and I am already getting nervous about all of the planning!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Congrats to Andrew.
And I'm gonna keep saying it, you are such a beautiful pregnant lady. :)

Steph said...

I'm so glad that we were able to come! And that's for that video. We are excited to watch it!

PITT STOP said...

How exciting. I am sure he will surly remember this special day because he chose to do the right thing on the beginning of the year.I love the testimony idea as well. Braiden and Kaleb will be 8 this year. Sharane and I were thinking of combining their baptisms. Is it ok with you if I borrow your idea?.