Tuesday, January 11, 2011

Changes

Since we will have a new little one in 11 weeks (wow that sounds like a short time) We needed to do some rearranging. We had the three boys in one room and it was cramped. We decided to moved them downstairs. Jacob now has his own room till the baby comes. We moved the toys into his room also.It makes bed time so much nicer. I was worried about putting Luke and Andrew downstairs but they love it. We had to move the guest bed into the office. It actually looks less cluttered than it did before which is surprising since a bed is now in there.
It's amazing how moving things around makes thing feel newer (do you know what I mean?) We had talked about moving before Kevin was called to be the Bishop and so I guess moving things around makes us feel like we are in a way. So while moving the boys we rearranged the living room. We will be buying a new set of bunk-beds this weekend and then we will have six beds for the six kids. I still feel cramped at times, especially when I see things like buckets of clothes piled high in the garage. We are running out of places to put things. Our neighbor offered us his home, it's bigger than ours. He wants to get into a home with less stairs (his wife just broke her back slipping down them). It's funny how much Kevin has entertained the idea. Don't get me wrong, I'm grateful we have the rooms we do. I remember sharing a room with my four sisters when we lived in a government trailer camp. I can't imagine seven kids in a three bedroom trailer but we did it.

11 comments:

Jessica said...

I can't believe its only 11 weeks...I swear you just announced your new one! I understand the running out of room thing too. We have big plans to remodel our house, it just keeps taking longer than I want. You rearranging looks good.

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

I love moving furniture around... I probably do it too much :) I'm excited for your new little one, best wishes :)

Felicia said...

When our bishop's family had #6, they added on to their 1600ish sq. foot house, but I was truly amazed at how well they functioned before the addition. She had some great idea's for storing things. If you ever need idea's I could put you in touch with her. I think you two would get along great...so much in common!

Another family in our ward has six kids in a three bedroom 1500 sq. foot house, and they recently moved their 10 yr old twins outside to their guest house (which is really just a small room with a bathroom). They got an intercom so they could communicate with Mom and Dad during the night if needed!

Shantel said...

I remember that trailer. Sherry and I used to sneak out at night and go to Conoco and buy penny candies. DOnt tell your Mom and Dad..lol...

Kristi Rowley said...

I agree with the moving things around. I love to do that. I think Jim gets tired of it. He wonders why I do it. 11 WEEKS! Wow, that has gone fast.

Nat said...

11 weeks?! That's not too far off! Are you having a boy? I can't remember.

P.S. bunk beds are the best!

Calli said...

WOW! 11 weeks that is so exciting!! (O:

Lena Baron said...

Oh I still think a newborn sounds so nice... But I'll enjoy this last little one and move on. We just moved furniture around too. It does help. But I completely relate to the need for more room. I so hear ya! Have fun preparing!

Sharane said...

We have MANY storage bins full of clothes in our garage! The changes you've made look great! You are always so on top of things...... your house, your blog...... I marvel!!

We have switched some things around in our house too........ it helps so much!

I already feel like we have outgrown our house. We are already looking at bigger houses. I don't even want to think about selling our current house. It still needs so much work!

Where were you hoping to move?

Heather K. said...

You seriously are super mom! I don't even know how to fit my 2 girls in 1 room because to me, I think they are way small....so they each have their own room. I guess bunk beds, but then I can see Olivia swinging on our ceiling fan since its so close to it! Haha!

vesta said...

we have a 900 sq foot home, no garage, a small root cellar, and a small shed for storage.
Running out of room? My solution. Get rid of stuff. If you haven't used it in 2 years, then you won't need it.