Thursday, January 6, 2011

A new kind of patch


With Andrew turning eight he is now going to cub scouts. He is super excited. Seeing the price tag after buying all the "stuff" they need, I wasn't as excited. His first meeting is tonight. He has been glued to the Wolf handbook. After sewing on the patches to his shirt, I'm ready to buy the sticky stuff to put them on. Atleast the Lowe's patches gave me some practice ha ha.It will be fun to see him get some new kind of patches.
On other news, the van is officially gone. The family that was buying it gave us some money down and we held it till they paid the rest. They came and got the title and keys last night. Kinda sad, we had it for five years. Lots of memories.

6 comments:

Felicia said...

The cost of scouts just kills me! Our ward no longer pays for books, belt loops or pins, so last month I paid another $17 for a belt and all the belt loops and pins Caleb has earned recently.

Shauntae's boys earned those badges with ribbons, but we had to pay for those too, so I didn't even tell my boys about them.

And now I've got to buy stuff for the pinewood derby...

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

We are pretty lucky in our stake Sandra because the stake pays for badges and belt loops.
I'm excited for Andrew to be in the Wolf den with Austin. They will have fun.
Oh, and congrats on selling the van!

Kristi Rowley said...

Haven't checked your blog in a few days. You have been busy. Congrats on the baptism. I love your girls' dresses.

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

Oh boy, it's expensive, but I love Scouting, it was so good for Gabe... I get a bit of a break before Beck's in scouts... Gabe's in YM now!

Nat said...

I hate sewing on patches. Ugh! Clint and I are coming up on our fifth year as Cubmasters. Good times!

PITT STOP said...

We have just discovered Lowes's building adventures. Braiden love it. We also go to Home Depot on the first Saturday of every month. We figured it would be a great thing, since Raelynn has Girl Scouts, he need something to do.