Sunday, January 9, 2011

Jr Jazz

This year we put Andrew in Jr. Jazz. His first game was yesterday and he loved it. He had so much fun with basketball, a lot more than he did with soccer. (Plus it's cheaper, and you get a jersey. With soccer you have to buy all the gear.) So we probably won't do soccer again with him. Here are some pics I took at his game. This is Luke with a flag he made to cheer on his brother. It says "go Andrew".
This is blurry but if you look through the two kids in green jerseys you'll see a leg and arm sticking out. It was right after a basket was made and Andrew was excited.
His team the Hawks.
Our cute player.
He didn't pick his jersey number but Kevin thought it was cool that he got Deron Williams number. Lets just say Daddy likes that his boy is playing ball.

On a side note: I didn't think I would like having church at 1. I'm a morning person and I like to have the rest of the day. I didn't want to wait around all day for church to start. But, I'm finding that it's nice. I get to sleep in and I don't have to rush. I think it will be nice for when the baby comes too. What is your favorite time for church?

5 comments:

vesta said...

our church just changed to 11 am. i am too a morning person but that 9 am is a killer! Because of my job, the weeks that I work I am going to miss 2 of the 3 hours of church and it is smack dab in the middle of Caroline's nap time! I was just commenting to Randy today about you and having to get 5 kids ready for church while pregnant. Blech!
I would take 1 pm right now.

Shantel said...

I am tossed on the church time thing. I like early, but I also like to sleep in.
Sandra - I just need to tell you, you have such neat family. You guys are so cute. You are such a great example to me - you shoudl be so proud (the righteous kind of pride) of the family you guys have built. It takes work, and you ahve such a great attitude. I love being a mother, and I love knowing mothers like you. Such important sacred work. Good Job!!!
Joel will be recording me in Nauvoo, and I can send you a copy of it. Or if you guys ever want me to - I can some to your stake or ward and speak. See how I just invited myself there?

Inspired said...

9 am...the church is just truer at 9am. Well, that is with little kids anyway, it fits perfectly into their daily routine. Eat breakfast get ready go to church, come home eat lunch, nap. 11am=Tired, cranky, hungry children at church, and 1am=Waking up the baby to go to church, thus we have a cranky not well rested baby all the rest of the day. So my vote is 9 am.

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

I love 9am church, but I don't like getting up early... yeah.

Andrew looks like he's having a lot of fun :)

Nat said...

Woo woo! You have one good lookin' little basketball player! :) I love the flag, too!

We just moved to 9:00 from 1:00. Wahoo! I like 9:00 better, but 1:00 was easier with a newborn baby and seepless nights.

Huh. The verification word is blessing! That's interesting! I guess you'll get blessings no matter what time you go to Church! :)