Sunday, July 17, 2011

Life Lessons

Yesterday was eventful. As we had packed up from camping up at our ward campout we decided to drive around and find a small hiking trail. We found one that lead to Rosy's mine. Sounds interesting eh?

Clue #1: Those coming off the trail said it was "a hard hike" (They were scout age)
Clue #2: They also mentioned you had to cross through water three times(their pants and shoes were soaked)
Clue#3: It was a 3 mile hike with 6 SMALL children
Clue #4: We had two small water containers
Clue#5: Jacob just had sandles on
Clue #6: Kevin and I were running on probably three hours of sleep
Clue #7: NO BABY CARRIER

Poor Jacob thought we were headed to Treasure Island (from a Dora video). He was all sorts of excited on the way up. After finding that there wasn't any treasure there he was pretty bummed.

Ummm...what were we thinking?

I just took this picture, BriLynn is still recouping today.

I have to say I'm proud that we made it the whole way and back. We were all wet and tired but I think it made us stronger as a family. Sure made my arms stronger too from carrying one child on my shoulders while another in my arms. I guess that old saying "What doesn't kill you makes you stronger." applies well this time :)

4 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Oh Man....that sounds like something I would regret the whole time. I am not much a hiker.

Good for you guys though!

LeeAnne said...

Wow. That's totally crazy! And impressive :) If it was me, I would have turned around and gone back home after talking to the first one coming off the trail! Quite happily gone home, because I'm not much of a hiker anyway :)

Kara said...

You're a lot stronger than I am! :) And we love hiking, but not without a carrier!

Kudos to you!

Felicia said...

Sandra,
for some reason I don't have your e-mail anymore AND I can't reply to your comment on my blog so I'll leave it here.

I've honestly never been a part of a book club, so I don't know how this book would be. I think there would be plenty to discuss...religion, politics, discrimination, trials, faith, and the list goes on. It is a very humbling book. If you do it as a book club, I'd love to hear how it goes!