Monday, July 11, 2011

Proud Momma

Danika sang in church yesterday. She did such a great job. I on the other hand made many mistakes on the piano but thankfully no one noticed. I don't know why I sign up for these things, I guess I hope that if I do it enough the nervousness of performing in front of people will go away. No luck so far. I'm pretty sure I'm more nervous playing the piano than I was dancing for a crowd in college.
We took a video later while Kevin's parents were listening on the phone but alas it won't upload.

This picture will though... I'm all for free stuff so when my neighbor told us about free meals at Chick-fil-a on July 8th, I was all sorts of excited. You could wear a cow hat that would get you a free entree or if you dressed fully like a cow you could get a combo meal free. I had my costume planned out but that day I got mastitis (I think the only other time I've had it was when I nursed Danika) I didn't feel up to making costume so we just wore the hats. BriLynn loved the cows. She hugged them many times.

2 comments:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

so cool with you and Danika performing together :)

and the free meals... YEAH! Sorry, if I'm the only one who sees the twisted humor in your plight... hope you're feeling better ;)

Shannon said...

I still get so nervous playing the piano in front of crowds. I don't think it ever goes away you just get better at knowing how to deal with it! Good job to both of you!