Monday, October 3, 2011

Can I Vent for Sec?

Sigh....I feel like things are piling up.

The weather doesn't look so great for the carnival this week which means we will be inside the school. I'm a bit bummed since I wanted to avoid it being crowded. I'm going to stay positive about it though....either way it will be fun for the kids and that's what it's for.

Conference for me wasn't spiritual. yeah...umm.. at all. When you have little ones fighting with each other, it's hard to listen and feel the spirit.

I also haven't been as supportive as a wife as I should. For Example:
(door bell rings a couple times at 4:30 AM yes AM, I had just gotten to sleep after feeding the baby)
Kevin changes into some jeans (he did have other sweat pants on thankfully..that would have been awkward ha ha)
I tell him "It's time to move"

The phone calls at 7 in the morning or 10:30 at night I'm fine with but I'm finding it hard to find a positive spin on the lack of sleep last night.

The kids slept outside in the tent Friday and two wet the bed. Unfortunately they were sleeping on top of two other sleeping bags so that leaves four sleeping bags that need washed. I can't use my washing machine, the tag says to use a front loading washer.

We are leaving for Missouri next week and I'm not looking forward to the 20 hour drive with six kids.

I need to get the lawn and garden taken care of before the colder weather hits but I don't have the energy. You know picking all the tomatoes, carrots, onions, squash and fertilizing and mowing the lawn. Just thinking about it makes me want to cry.

Speaking of crying, baby's awake. I guess the cow needs to be milked.

Yep...venting does help. But I'm still tired!

6 comments:

Felicia said...

I'd be ready to move, too!

We have the same sleeping bag issue, only I threw it in the washing machine BEFORE reading the tag. All the stuffing is now lumpy and weird. I think a front loader would be best.

Do you have a portable DVD player for your trip? Michael and Becky have ours (in Nibley) and you're welcome to borrow it if you'd like. It has two screens.

I wish I could help you with your garden. We didn't even plant this year and I've felt bad about it all summer...until now!

I hope tomorrow will be better.

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Hire some kids to take care of your yard!!!! (The McRae boys would be great!)
Pay the laundry mat to take care of the sleeping bags.
Sometimes throwing money at the problem works!!!

Deep breaths. Good luck!

Lena Baron said...

Oh WoW! You're in my prayers for sure!!!

Amanda Fitzgerald said...

This will pass and one day we will laugh about it. Ok, maybe not but I was sure laughing about your "milking the cow" comment. You are doing great. Your such a cute, fun mom and I am sure a fabulous wife. Just "keep swiming...swiming" It will get better.

Daughter of God said...

so glad I'm not the only one who get sooo overwhelmed somestimes I want to cry too. :} love ya!!
amy

overlyactive said...

I have a front loader washer. I can pick them up for you on Wednesday and get them washed for you.