Tuesday, October 25, 2011

The Trip
































































































We usually stop and get a hotel on the long drive there but Kevin wanted to make it the whole way. We left at 5:30 Friday morning and we arrived at 4:30 Saturday morning. I can't believe he was alert enough to make it. Thank goodness for books on CD! The kids did really well, I'm always so nervous but they always do great. Thank goodness for DVD players too :)






























Here are the events of the week...not necessarily in order.
We helped Kevin's Aunt and Uncle move into their new home.
We played some tennis and went and looked at the devastation left behind from the tornado that hit Joplin. It's amazing to me that only a block away from the tornado's path the homes are fine but those in the direct path were completely destroyed.
Kevin helped put in a fireplace in their backyard. I have video but the video doesn't seem to want to load. Anybody else having problems? I haven't been able to upload a video for so long, I'm not sure what I'm doing wrong.


We went to a Discovery Center in Springfield. It was the coolest place! They had so much to do you could easily spend the whole day discovering things. Some highlights were the static ball, a giant bubble machine, the newsroom, and the high wire bike.

We went to Texas Roadhouse...I had seven tokens that were for a free kids meal with a paying adult. With Kevin's Brother Matt, his wife Kristine, Karin, us and Mom and Dad we had enough for the seven kids to get free kids meals. SWEET! I don't know if they do this every Tuesday and at every Texas Roadhouse but it was a kids night. They had facepainting, games, chalk to color the floor, etc... it was a total bonus that all that was going on.

We went to a pumpkin patch and picked out pumpkins. Grandma had ordered fun faces to use on the pumpkins. I found a perfect gourd that I made to look like a character from Veggie tales. Can anyone guess who it is?

































The last evening there, the adults went out to eat which was really nice. It was also nice that we had finished dinner before we got the call that BriLynn had locked herself in the bathroom and couldn't get out.

3 comments:

Lena Baron said...

That all sounds so fun! I'm glad you had a good time! And YES, I think you should definitely move out there in four years!! We'll all go together!!

Kara said...

This is doubly-cute!! Your family is SPLENDID, Sandra!

Shafferprincess said...

Looks like you had an awesome time! :)

And, as for the video, make sure it's not too big. If it's over 100 MB (I think) it won't load.