Friday, May 28, 2010

Another venting session...

I feel better after I get them out, even if it's on a blog. I think I type things down better then I can talk. So here it goes....
As I was volunteering at the school today there was another mom that told me she had put a book together of drawings from all the kids to surprise the teacher. This mom goes in almost every day of the week to help (her husbands home in the mornings). She has gotten to know the teacher really well. After she left I felt bad, like I don't do enough.
I would love to help out more but I can't find babysitters for my kids each day or if I did I'm sure my friends would be sick of helping me. Plus it seems like there's not enough time for everything I want to do.
Another Mom I know only has one kid in grade school. Her daughter gets a lot of attention (of course) so I worry that since we have five we can't give adequate time to each child.
Then I feel I need to get things figured out for the summer (activities etc. for the kids to do so they won't get bored) I haven't found the time. Or when I have the time I just want to sit and relax a bit. (or type out my thoughts on blogger)
Then today I have a love/hate relationship with my sewing machine. I broke two needles trying to sew the kids pants I cut into shorts.
Do you ever feel like your not good enough?
There are days my kids play more than an hour of games because I'm doing other things and then I feel awful and they are going to turn into couch potatoes.
Other days I feel like I am constantly telling the kids to get their chores and homework done and I'm sure they don't like a nagging mother.
My back hurts, I'm tired (last night was awful) and I've had way to many cookies today.
Okay I'm done...it feels good letting my thoughts out. Like I can move on and try to do better.

8 comments:

Tiffany said...

Sandra-
I think you are amazing. I am watching you all the time wondering how in the world you do it. I only have Cooper, but I feel like I am constantly running around or I don't get everything I need to done. It makes me feel a little better to know that you (who I think is pretty much close to perfect) struggles too. It gives me hope :)

Steph said...

Seriously, I admire you so much. I don't think you understand how others see you. I have so many situations where I'm like "What would Sandra do in this situation? Certainly not what I'm doing." I wish I was as good as you so don't sell yourself short. You are doing a fabulous job with your family and you just have to realize you have limits. Being with your other children at home most of the time is better than volunteering all the time. You have made the right chooses and your kids will always remember that. Just remember that you need time for you in all of this, even if it's 5 minutes in the pantry with the lights turned off eating a bowl of ice cream.

Calli said...

I think all moms feel that way.. I think that if you dont feel that way then you have problems.. You are trying your hardest and that is what motherhood is all about! (o: Trial and error and repeat! Hehe! It is tough work.

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

I think all Moms feel that way sometimes too.... I've really tried to do my best and most importantly not ever compare myself to other people..... we don't know their story. Just like your friend whose husband is home in the mornings? MAN! My life would be way different.
Hang in there... it always feels good to vent. I think you are a wonderful and amazing mother... you're still smiling and so are your husband and children...that's a good sign, right?:) By the way, that temple poem you put on your comment on my blog was absolutely BEAUTIFUL!! It made my day... really, Sandra. You are making a difference just by being you... I miss being in the same ward. love ya

LeeAnne said...

You're a great mom, and I've always thought that about you :) We all feel that way sometimes, like we're not good enough. I sure have been feeling like that a lot lately... and I only have two kids! But yes, there are definitely days when Carlos watches way too many movies and Lucas spends too much time in the exersaucer... and sometimes it's so I can get things done around the house, and other times it's because I'm just too tired to do anything (and sometimes I just need a break). Don't be too hard on yourself!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Is it wrong to tell you that I'm a little glad to hear that you struggle too? Sometimes I assume that you've got it all figured out because you always seem so happy and put together. So I feel a little better knowing that I'm not the only one who sometimes feels like I'm not doing enough. :)

Felicia said...

Don't worry about the other mom's at school. What you do in the home is way more important anyway.

In my blog archives (I think it's July of last year) there's a list of 102 idea's for summer fun for kids.

Use a large needle for jeans (like a 90) and go slow. I need to do this one too, right after I take a picture of all the pairs of jeans that got holes in them within the last three weeks...

If it makes you feel any better, I'm a crabby nagging mother at homework/chore time too...but it's so much better than letting them get away with nothing.

Oh, and you DESERVE those cookies...eat one for me and I'll catch up after I have my gall bladder out.

Seriously, you are an amazing example to me. I can't even fathom having five kids in the amount of time that you did, and you always seem to have it together. Your kids are blessed to have you.

dancin' momma said...

I am positive you are an amazing mother! You are a sweet, caring person and I'm sure your kids feel that. I think that venting sessions help us keep some of our sanity. :) We are moving back to UT in two weeks! We will be living in West Jordan and Russ's office is downtown SLC. And yes, I made Em's bday cake. Phew...