Tuesday, June 1, 2010

Life is good

As you can see from the title I'm on a happy kick today...I better relish it while I can because it seems I loose it around lunch time ha ha. I really think it's hormones! It could also be from all the wonderful comments on the last posts. I really appreciate all of you! Thanks for helping me out of me droopy mood.
It seems like it's becoming a tradition for our family to go on a hike on Memorial Day. We went up Logan canyon. I wish I would have taken my camera, it was beautiful. We laughed, we ran, we threw rocks, we ate a picnic, we picked flowers, it was wonderful. Every time I watched the kids I kept feeling like we were missing one. It happened five or six times. I love the thought of having another baby but this one puts us over the top....we will need a new vehicle not to mention a bigger pantry :) Andrew eats three bowls of cereal in the morning, I'm sure by the time he is a teenager he could eat a whole box in one sitting. I think the other thing that made it a great day was I finally got a DENIM NEEDLE!!! That thing went through the seams like butter :) I really should have gotten one last week but I didn't want to run to the store. I should have though, it would have saved me a lot of pain not to mention a couple needles. I did still bust one (one of the seams was to big for it) But to get 12 pairs of short seams sewn felt good.
Last week we went to an awards ceremony the school puts on. Danika got a Safety award and Andrew got a Reading award. About a third of each class gets an award so it was nice that they were both awarded.
I also got the kids summer schedule done. I made an extra copy of the calendar, all the paper crafts and ideas to Mary (she said she would send a signup around in RS for those wanting copies). I figure I spent quite a bit of time on it so if others can use it, well that saves them some time.

5 comments:

Jessica said...

I know that feeling! I don't think there is anything to do but give in! I would love to see your summer schedule, we are on summer break already and need some ideas!

Lisa said...

I want a copy of your schedule please! My email is allred@ubtanet.com
You are such a good mom and can totally handle another one, my hat is off to you for sure!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I should buy my mom a denim needle, since she is the one that hems all of my kids pants into shorts.
How do they look?

Glad your feeling better, I hate feeling hormonal.

Lena Baron said...

So glad you're feeling better! Send me your schedule too (Please)! I'm not sure how we're going to survive without entertainment for Jakob!??? mammabaron@yahoo.com

Kristi Rowley said...

Has it already been a year since we saw you up Green Canyon? That means it has been a year since Jim hauled me out here to Carson City. Please do post a schedule. I need to do something with my kids so I am not always cleaning up after them at home.