Thursday, June 3, 2010

NEW RECORD


My Visiting Teaching is done for the month! It's only the third day, that has to be a new record. :)
I feel very passionately about VT. I had a wonderful companion that gave me the bug when we first moved to Logan. I am forever grateful for her enthusiasm for it. Plus when we were about to have our first baby my sister told me the ward would take care of meals for the first few days. After hearing this I guess I expected it and so when no meals came from my own visiting teachers I was pretty sad. I hope that doesn't sound ungrateful, my sister had told me that she had a week's worth of meals and meals in her freezer. I got a call a week after Danika was born from a member in the Relief Society Presidency. She told me she had contacted my VT's and they were suppose to bring me meals, I informed her that they never did. I had never seen my VT's and I felt almost abandoned in a way. I vowed that I would never make someone feel like that. I did get one meal.....from my loving partner. I only remember her first name, Janette. I wish I could tell her how much she means to me and has helped me to appreciate the visiting teaching program. Almost every month I bring a little treat, a flower or something else to let those I go visiting teaching to know that I'm thinking of them. Why? because I feel so good when my visiting teachers bring me something and I want them to have that feeling. So do your Visiting Teaching ladies ha ha. You really never know how much you could be helping someone.

2 comments:

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

that is SO awesome! I am also a big believer of visiting teaching... it is really what brought me into the church. My VT's in college were always SO faithful... even in the beginning when I literally slammed the door in their faces! Oh, they had so much patience and love for me...... it is SO important :) yay, Sandra!

Nat said...

Way to go!

VT is a wierd situation for me right now, since I visit all inactives who don't want a lesson or a formal visit. Thankfully they are my neighbors and our kids are the same ages, so we all chat several times a week when we're all outside playing in the yard. It feels kinda wierd to not do an actual visit, but I think the friendship is more important for these ladies.

P.S. I don't even know who my visiting teachers are!