Tuesday, August 24, 2010

First for everything

So this is going to be all jumbled but oh well...thats how my mind is some days ha ha. Luke's first day of Kindergarten was this morning. He was so excited, I can't wait to hear how it went. He is going to Mrs Hadfield. Andrew and Danika had her also. She is an amazing teacher. I love to volunteer in her classroom. She is very organized and the kids know whats expected of them. The summer after Andrew's kindergarten year she let me take home a ton of the little chapter books they had worked on home with me. I had just asked her where I could get some and she let me use them and bring them back after the summer. She is super nice. Man how did I get old enough to have three little ones in school????
Speaking of getting old, Kevin turned 33 yesterday. I have to show a picture of the cake because I was telling Mary about tootsie roll roses. They are super easy to make and I think they are pretty.
I love Jacob's puffy cheeks! My sisters came over to have cake and ice cream and were surprised that I had made it all from scratch. Right down to the coconut pecan frosting.

Now as for the glass. I didn't realize that we have had the curio since 2004 (found out from Fishers when I called) so I guess it's lasted quite awhile without something happening with little kids around. Just a sad sad sight though. How can I stay angry when afterwards I get this.
The kids felt really bad about it.

9 comments:

Unknown said...

kids know just what to say sometimes. and sound like you have had an eventful summer. good job on the cake. it looks delicious;)

Inspired said...

I couldn't be mad about it either especially with such adorabel notes like that! The cake looks great, and you're NOT old silly goose!

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

I love all the pictures! What a cute family, Sandra. I can't believe your husband is younger than me and he is the Bishop! :) ha ha

Jessica said...

The cake looks so good, it's my favorite too! What sweet notes from your kids, it is hard to stay mad after that.

overlyactive said...

Wow you are so calm about your curio. Is Fishers going to help you replace it or will it be expensive to repair?
I love the cake-wow we need to do a cake making demo at your house soon!

I'm so glad we got together today. so much fun!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

Yummy cake!

What adorable kids! Really, how can you be super mad?

Kellee said...

I love Andrew's note... "I'm sorry Jacob broke ..." ha ha. Very cute kids.

Shannon said...

That is so cute they made you an I Love You card! Those tootsie roll roses are adorable!

Daughter of God said...

Love the cake!!
So half of the students in the class come early and half come late. That way for 45 minutes or so the teacher has a smaller class size and can focus more on the individual student. They've been doing it that way for a few years now and test scores are improving tons in the school. The teachers like it because they get paid more. So it all works out. More kids, that's awesome! great parents, like you and kevin, should have as many as you can. :]
amy