Tuesday, September 7, 2010

Yaa and Yuck

This is my twin sister Susan.....yeah she is usually this silly ha ha.

This last weekend we went to Duchesne for labor day. It has become tradition for all of my siblings to get together. You can be ousted from the family if you don't attend ha ha.
Kevin's cousin asked him if he would perform their wedding ceremony on Saturday, so my sisters took the kids Friday. (He was really nervous but he did a great job). It was a quiet night without the kids. We sat down to watch a movie and the phone rang six or seven times. It seems like it's constantly ringing and it's always for Bishop Westwood. Poor guy has so much to deal with. We are going to need to start turning off our phone for family night to get some peace.
Anyway...I was worried about heading to Duchesne in the first place because there was a stomach bug going around my sisters family. Well we ended up getting it. Poor BriLynn was the worst. It's so sad to see a baby dry heave. She just cries and looks to you as if she is thinking "Mom why can't you do something!". My two older brothers got it also. I'm amazed at how contagious things can be. Yep the cold and flu season is upon us.
On a happier note, the kids got spoiled with candy and toys. There were lots of games planned. My sisters had the theme of a Luau. Here are some pictures of the tiki pinata.
Next year I'm in charge and I think I'm going to do a Carnival theme.



The hoarding of candy. Four of those hoarders are our kids. I think it's funny that I'm the baby of the family and have more kids than any of my siblings.

5 comments:

Felicia said...

I'm so sorry you guys got the bug! It looks like a fun time, though.

Jessica said...

I hate it when my kids get sick, especially the little ones. It looks like you did have some fun though, my kids always love pinatas.

Lacy@uphillandsmiling said...

No fun when your little ones are sick, but it looks like you made up for it :)

I know the Bishop in our ward has on his answering machine: "press one for the family, press two for the bishop" and he has it set up so they each go to a different inbox. and they usually let the answering machine "answer" their phone .... good luck :)

Shantel said...

Our Bishop does not have calling waiting. and does not answer his phone at all on family night and also on Friday date night. The RS president will come to his house for an emergancey,on those nights but that is it.
He told the ward that they should not expect fast anwers to emails, and soemtimes if he has more pressing matters on his plate, that he will not answer them, and that we need to trust that he read it, and he is doing his best.
Joel and I are good friend with him and his wife. He is also a young Bishop. He said you have to set limits, or he would get NO time with his wife and family, and his family would suffer and then he would suffer, and then the ward would suffer.
I knwo you guys are doing great!

Crystal said...

Looks like you had fun except for getting sick! We were all sick that weekend too its never any fun. Hope everyones feeling better now!!!