Monday, November 14, 2011

Feelings

My feelings have been on the surface this week. My thoughts first turn to a family that just lost their mother. I do not know the family very well. I've just known them through the scouting program, but I can't imagine the heartbreak they are going through. You are always reminded how precious life is when these kinds of things occur.
Second, today I was awarded the Volunteer of the Year award for our school.  I don't deserve it as there are so many that have helped me in my duties as PTA president. I don't need to be recognized, they do.
I got a book from my sisters called Side by Side. It's about helping your spouse in their church calling. I was reading last night how the load of a calling can be lightened by others doing their jobs. This works in everything. A mothers load is lightened when her children pick up after themselves and so on. My load is lightened by those willing to support me in my duties. So, thank you to all who lighten my load.

3 comments:

Jessica said...

You most definitely deserve it. You are amazing!!

Lena Baron said...

Yes dear sister, you deserve it. Take it as a hug and continue to move forward. You are outstanding!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

It is you who said that you would take on the role as PTA pres., that is a huge job.
I know that others support you. YOU supported me so much when I took that role on and now you get the award! You do deserve it and others will get their chance if they so desire to do all the work that it takes!!