Tuesday, November 29, 2011

Stop that rhyming now I mean it!

Name that movie?
I wanted to share some gift ideas. My friend Lacy posted some and I am always looking for new ideas so I thought I would share some as well.

I'm giving out these candy tins for Christmas. I got the idea while I was in Missouri. They had their Super Saturday table out. You can get the tins at specialtybottle.com. The cost depends on how many you order (because of shipping). I called around my family and we ordered 65, so the cost was 1.33 per tin. Anyway you just wrap Hersheys nuggets in Christmas paper, tie with a ribbon and voila.

I have a saying I put with them:

People are a lot like chocolates
You are never sure whats inside
They're covered with a protective shell,
And you must see what they hide.
Some folks seem to be very smooth,
While others are soft and sweet,
Still others can be quite nutty,
But having Friends like you is a treat.

If your kids want to give their friends something for Christmas, this would be inexpensive, just attach the poem to a candy bar.

These notepads are at square one printing for 20 cents each. Just add scrapbook paper to the top paper and wrap it around to the back and it makes a cute (very inexpensive) gift.

Wanna hear the corny poem I came up with for this one: I'm planning on giving these to those I go visiting teaching to in January

A new year's upon us,
the old one is through.
So here's a note pad,
to jot a thought or two.
A new year's resolution
for you to pursue.
Don't worry if you fail,
I always do.

I love to come up with poems to go along with gifts. Here is what I did for the month of November. (It was a mug that had a hot cocoa packet and a microwave popcorn bag in it) We had the mugs already and so to do this for those I go VT to and Kevin goes HT to, was only around 2 bucks.


Leaves are falling all around
The days of Summer gone.
Time for a little R&R inside
No more laying on the lawn.
Hot cocoa and some popcorn,
A mug to hold it too.
Sit back and enjoy it knowing
that we have thought of you

I told you I was corny. I usually come up with a new poem every month. Kevin says I should compile them all and publish them. I wonder if people would even be interested.

6 comments:

Felicia said...

Anybody want a peanut?

Cute ideas!

Nat said...

Ha ha ha! The Princess Bride! :)

I'd be interested in your rhyming book!

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

I love it! I think I will use your New Years poem for my visiting teachies!!

I love the tins and nuggets. I might use that for my neighbors!

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

These are great ideas! You should totally document all your fun poems. :)

Lena Baron said...

Yes! Write them down! Those are the little treasures that we leave behind... I Love it!!

Joylybean said...

Anybody want a peanut??? LOL I love that movie. I love your poems - I am the same way. I would totally want your little poem book - it would save some of my braincells, and I don't have many to spare!! LOL

Hope you guys are doing well!