Tuesday, February 10, 2009

Cookie Tradition


When I was growing up my Grandma Argyle would send us cookies for Valentines. I loved it, especially going off to college and getting a package of yummy sugar cookies. My Dad is somehow related to the maker of the "Granny B" cookies and I've been told that this is the recipe. Anyway, once you were married the cookies stop coming. :( Since my Grandma was getting a bit older I think it got to much for her and she quit doing it so I started up. I send them to all the (adult) single members in my immediate family. I also send them to the Missionaries in the ward. Of course I had to make Kevin his heart. So do you and your family have a Valentine tradition? What are your plans? I'm excited, my sisters (it's nice to have single sisters) are coming and staying the night with our kids Friday night. Of course we'll still have to take the baby...I'm still a milk maid (sigh). That's okay, they're only little once.

12 comments:

Heather K. said...

Hey, if you going to be related to someone Granny B would be it!!! Love those cookies! How fun that you will be able to get away for the night! Frank and I will be celebrating on 2/16 since we will be in SLC already for Alyson's surgery the next day. Hope you have a great V-Day!!!

Tina said...

What a cute girl you are...and a lucky one that gets to get away....someday my husband and I will have a date.

Jessica said...

That is such a fun tradition, and you are so good to keep it up. As for the Heart Fly game, I found it on my new favorite website. sugardoodle.net It has the cutest stuff for Valentine's Day!

overlyactive said...

We do sugar cookies to. My Grandma would do one huge cookies with our name on it. I haven't done the writing of names but I think I'll start that this year. Are you willing to share your recipe or is it secret?

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

We like to make our own Valentines! Like they did in the olden days! It is super fun and each and every one is different and has a special meaning for each person that receives it.

MMMMMMM, cookies! You are awesome!

Marianne said...

That is a BUNCH of cookies! Yum. What a fun tradition. I'm glad you're getting a date with your valentine! Hope it's great.

Steph said...

That's fun you get to get away for a night! Those cookies look yummy. Btw, we have a burp rag of yours. Jamin brought it over. Not sure when we will see you next but we'll get it to you then.

Mother of the Wild Boys said...

Oh, you have to post the recipe!

Nat said...

Mmmm... Those look tasty! Have fun on your hot date!

Tina said...

Ok... I'm ready for the recipe! Bring it on! haha.
Seriously. These are really good. I've decided that there are some pretty good perks with being your VT companion. :) Thanks Sandra.

As for VDay, we are going to do a homemade Chinese dinner. I'm excited.

Lena Baron said...

I've decided that I really like Valentines Day. For many reasons. Number one, I just Love my Hubby!:)

My mom made us Valentine cookies growing up. I'm not that good. But we've had fun and will have more fun. Check out my blog...

The Durham Family said...

I remember how devastated I was when Grandma stopped sending cookies! When my mom brought cookies for Valentines this year I almost cried! I hope that someone always makes cookies! Thanks for bringing up the memories! Happy Valentines day!