Sunday, February 1, 2009

Sleeping and Dancing

Poor Jacob doesn't get a good nap on Sundays. Today I forgot to put him down and he fell asleep right before dinner. This is a pic. of Kevin keeping his head up from falling into his food.
This made us laugh. It was right after Jacob woke up (we were trying to get another pic of him with his face falling in his food but he woke up). Note: Look at Andrew dancing in the background!

You may be wondering what he is eating? I had just found this cordon bleu appetizer recipe in my taste of home magazine and tried it, it was nummy and easy.

Here it is if your interested:
4 oz. cream cheese
1 tsp. Dijon mustard
1 cup shredded Swiss cheese
3/4 cup fully cooked ham
1/2 cup minced chives, divided
French bread

In a small bowl beat cream cheese and mustard until smooth. Stir in Swiss cheese, ham and 1/4 cup chives. Spread over bread slices; place on ungreased baking sheet. Bake at 350 for 12-15 minutes or until browned. Sprinkle with remaining chives. I didn't use any chives plus it was on regular bread and it was still great.

8 comments:

Crystal said...

Poor little guy! I think Sundays are so hard because of the lack of a nap.

Lena Baron said...

WOW! I can't believe he was able to fall asleep right at the table... That is tired!

BTW: Can you ask Kevin to contact me about the account for Makayla? Sorry, I don't have your email address:)

Nat said...

We struggle with Sunday naps too. Andrew's got some moves! So funny!

Kellee said...

Andrew's a good dancer! He should come to our next dance party :)

Tina said...

So funny. My mom has a picture of my little sister with her face planted in a slice of pizza. I think its hilarious. Andrew's dance moves were pretty cool... looks like he enjoys the spotlight.

Company of 5 said...

Nap times are definately hard with a busy schedule. Unfortunately my little 2 year old (as of today!) is dropping her naps.
Why is it that little boys dance that way? I still worry mine will be hard rock fans based on their moves.

michelle said...

I rember those days. I am glad that those days are done. What a darling picture!!! Jay's other calling in ward missionary.

Sharane said...

So funny! Poor Jacob. Emma has fallen asleep at the table many times. Naps are tough on Sundays if you don't have the early schedule. Andrew has some great dance moves! That recipe looks yummy and simple. love simple. :)