Thursday, May 21, 2009

Awards

Andrew and Danika got invitations to an awards night at their school. Andrew's was Tuesday night, when we went he was restless in his seat and kept saying "call my name, call my name". He just beamed as they gave him the "Successful" award. Danika's award night was Wednesday. Unfortunately we just got the invite to go to Danika's today...a day late. She brought it home today and she was awarded "The Most Improved" award. Her improvement in reading from the beginning of the year is amazing. I blame myself for not making her read more last summer but she is on a roll now and I don't think it will be a problem this summer. I think this awards night is nice, the kids feel so special. We love you cute kids, congrats!

2 comments:

Derek-Jenny-Kaitlynd-Ethan-Dylan said...

It is so awesome when you can see all your hard work pay off!
Congrats to you for raising such awesome kids!!

Steph said...

That's awesome! Congrats kids! Are you guys coming this weekend to the cabin??? I really hope you are!