Sunday, July 25, 2010

Fun stuff

I mentioned I would share the fun stuff Kevin's parents helped build in our backyard. Here ya go. BriLynn likes the babyswing. You would think we would have had one before the fifth child.
A fun new swing set. The slide has been under our deck for the last four or five years. It's the slide Kevin used when he was younger. When his parents moved to Missouri they said we could have it. We finally put it to use. I wasn't expecting a whole new swing set, just a platform for the slide. I feel bad, every time they come we put them to work. The're not going to want to visit anymore.
For the 24th we went down and visited my Grandma's. My Grandma Argyle is 87. We got a snap shot with all of us. My parents are on the right. My Grandma Steele (my mom's mom) lives in Springville. That is where Kevin's Grandma Rhea is buried. So we stopped at the grave site. My Grandma Steele is 93 years old. She still lives at home. Thankfully my brother Mike is there to help out. It's hard to see those you love get old. You can tell they are slipping away. I remember calling her in High school and talking about the Great Depression for a paper I had to write. They are so wise and have so much to share. Life seemed to be more simple when they were growing up. You baked your own bread, you milked the cows, churned the butter. I sometimes wish things were like that still. To not have so much going on that we could enjoy those simple things. Things like crocheting, knitting and making things (like cake) from scratch. In my opinion those kinds of things are a dying art.

No comments: