Thursday, March 18, 2010

Excursions

I figured I better wrap up the cruise stuff before I forgot. I was amazed at the history of the Tulum Ruins in Cozumel. It's really neat to think about it in Church history terms.
There are iguanas all over.I took a picture of this graveyard because I thought it was neat. The people of Belieze are very protective of the dead. They are still buried four feet under but they have the graves above so they won't be walked over. In Belize we had to walk up to where we entered the cave. This is a termite nest. We saw a bunch hanging from the trees. The guides said to stick your finger in...
Okay so this is really hard to see but at the end of the guys finger is a termite. They were eating them!!! AHHH the girl by us that tried it said it had a mint flavor...can you say ewwwwww! Sorry, I'm willing to try different things but termite isn't on my list thanks.
Before entering the cave.
I was amazed at the length of the cave. We were in it for probably forty minutes. The next time Kevin and I want to go snorkeling. I am even more amazed at this wonderful earth we have to live on. There are so many places I would love to visit. Where would you like to go?

6 comments:

Kristi Rowley said...

Love the pics! Looks like you had alot of fun. Congrats on 10 years too! That is awesome! And, I am laughing at the pic with the termite. I love the shot you got of the person in the background! LOL

Steph said...

How fun! I'm glad you guys had a good time on the cruise. Scott and I have a list of places we would like to travel to. Hopefully during the millenium we won't be too busy to travel cuz we probably won't get to cover it in this lifetime.

Daughter of God said...

That sounds like a wonderful vacation with just the two of you. I would love to do that with ben someday. Where were your kids?
amy

Tina said...

I'm pretty confident that I wouldn't sign up to eat a termite either. Weird. Looks like you had a great time though!! Happy Anniversary!

Nat said...

Ewww! Termites!
It looks like lots of fun!

Amber Meadows said...

wow - so cool! Chris and I are dying to go on a cruise - especially a Disney Cruise with the kids. Eventually we'll get there. I'd love to go to New Zealand, the Greek Isles, Fiji, Hawaii - any place with warm, tropical beaches and beautiful water.

Congrats on 10 years - Happy Anniversary!